New hampshire newbie

Mduece

Jun 14, 2014
South West NH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Live in south west New Hampshire. Started detecting last fall w/ a bounty hunter platinum. Instantly addicted and drove my wife crazy when I upgraded to an AT Pro this spring. Couple of good old finds do far, what I think is a a 1700's flat button in my yard is the best. See pic and tell me if I'm wrong please. Not looking for anything to make me rich just love history and the feeling of finding and holding something that hasn't been seen or held for a long time.

image-1099355316.jpg

image-2190589561.jpg

image-4007376420.jpg

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible thing to hold a piece of 200+ year old history in your hands. Pretty awesome hobby for those of us who love history. Best of luck and HH

OP
OP
Mduece

Mduece

Jun 14, 2014
South West NH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is tnguns. Are you an experienced hunter. Interested in your opinion of the button and if you'd agree it's from 1790's. My research online pointed to this but I'm not sure.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet!

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is tnguns. Are you an experienced hunter. Interested in your opinion of the button and if you'd agree it's from 1790's. My research online pointed to this but I'm not sure.

Would say that would be a safe bet. They were used frequently until the mid 1800's from what I understand. The back marks will tell you a lot. Don't see one on it but wouldn't doubt some of the other members would narrow it down a bit more. And again......Welcome aboard :hello:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard!! :)
attachment.php

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread