New HB'r first wet test

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In the sluice, what k8nda of mat are you using? One suggestion I'd make is to add a heavy rubber mat up at the top of the box to flatten and settle some of the bubbles out to ensure a more even flow over the riffles. The water will flow underneath this flap and give you a less turbulent flow and help spread material out more evenly. Also up top, maybe some punch plate if you haven't already.

OP
OP
T

TheEquineFencer

Mar 31, 2012
Farmville,NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's new conveyor matting I get at a very reasonable cost. I thought about adding the rubber mat you're talking about and probably will later on.

If things work out this coming weekend, my prospecting buddy is bringing his 2-1/2 Keene HB'r and we're going to run them and see what we come up with. If someone runs my tailings they might get lucky....

matt_unique

Jul 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to dredging, but my Keene nozzle water input pipe makes a full 180 turn before connecting to the main nozzle pipe ensuring the water flow direction and thus suction. I wonder with your 90 degree angle if it will splash out both directions?

OP
OP
T

TheEquineFencer

Mar 31, 2012
Farmville,NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My nozzle is nothing like a Keene. My nozzle has a 4 inch body that surrounds a 3 inch pipe and the water can only go one way, out towrds the HB'r because of the taper.

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When will you have video of the nozzle test, I'm curious how this works. I noticed the taper in the outward flow end, but does your feed from your 90 direct that direction? I'm only asking since water will take the path of least resistance. I'm just curious how the 3" is wrapped in the 4" and how flow is encouraged to flow to the taper. I'm interested in seeing the test...just looked again...I think I know what and how you did it. The 4" is a sealed chamber that jets water towards the taper and is sealed from the intake...correct me if I'm wrong, I'm and electrical not mechanical engineer, but I think I see what you did. I'm still curious on seeing a test video...popcorn is ready

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions