New Here! 3 Rookies, LOUISIANA ,Treasure Seekers!!!

Kisatchie

Feb 20, 2007
Winnfield, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Hello, fist off let me say thank-you to the members and founders of this site, it is great to have such information at the tips of our fingers. I have been interested in this hobby of treasure hunting now for about the past year and a half. I was kinda hooked once I met and talked with an elderly couple that had been treasure hunting for years, and had the bounty to prove it. I guess it took me a while to actually jump into something totally new. Too my surprise, once I mentioned my hopes for my new found hobby, 2 of my good friends/co-workers caught the bug as well. I am sure that introducing them to this site was a major contributor to their interest. However, now we are a trio of treasure hunters just waiting to get started. Right now we are in the process of trying to decide what MD will be best for our needs. We will mostly be after coins and also Civil War relics, but not ruling out anything just yet. There is a possibility that we will also be into the prospecting end of this sport, since we are not that far from some descent Arkansas locations. We are located in the heart of the Piney Woods of LOUISIANA near the Red River, which is rich in Civil war history, as well as the ole time tales of lost treasure and Ghost Towns. I am sure we will have many questions, and I hope to make many new friends. Are there many members from LOUISIANA???

Upvote 0

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
welcome rookies :) Please let me know if I can be of any help in your decision to get started in metal detecting. You would really want to start by deciding what you want to spend , what you want to look for and where you want to look for it most of the time. this will help narrow it down for you. Good Luck.
TonyinCT
WWW.TCMETALDETECTORS.COM

Laheadhunter

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2006
Central Louisiana here, I am also fairly new to m/d'ing. I have been trying to hunt civil war sites, but most sites are off limits. How far are you from Mansfield? Are any good sites that you can get permission on. I have a Whites DFX and a Fischer ID Exel.

Good luck,
Joey

NWLouisianian

Greenie
Mar 1, 2007
NW Louisiana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
NW LA

Hello, I am in NW LA and not even a mile from the AR border. I recently purchased an ACE 250. I love it. I don't know a lot about this hobby yet, but i am learning. My wife actually wants to get a detector now, so we can research and hunt together. Maybe we can meet up one day and check out some of our LA territory.

OP
OP
Kisatchie

Kisatchie

Feb 20, 2007
Winnfield, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Well thanks, glad to see some Local faces around, as far as Mansfiled... I am only about an hour and a half drive from there. My family comes from that part of the State, actually around Marthaville, but that is really close to Mansfield and Pleasant Hill (both battle-sites during the Red River Campaign). Actually my grandmothers family the (Barnhill family) are the ones that burried the unknown soldier that rest there on the old home place which is now (Rebel State Park). The family cared for the grave for many years before it become a national historic site. I remember my grandmother telling me the story as I was a child about the solider and how he was captured and killed. Hopefully we can all get together sometime and have some fun!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Kisatchie, LA Headhunter and NWLouisianian to TNet. Great to have y'all here and I'm quite sure you will be sticking around for a while. I'm further south than y'all but if you are ever in my neck of the woods be sure to give me a holler maybe we can all do a hunt together. ;D

;) RR

Laheadhunter

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2006
Kisatchie, NW, River Rat,

Thanks for the welcome, would love to get together for a hunt sometime. I work offshore 14/14, but when I am in I will be metal detecting or hunting Indian artifacts most of the time. I am trying to locate a route the Yankees took from Natchez to Harrisonburg with 60,000 men. There should be some good campsites if I can pinpoint the route. I am not familiar with Mansfield or Pleasant Hill, but did ride by the park once, but it was closed. There should be some great sites there if you could get permission.

Joey

Scott_B

Jan 20, 2007
Hey Guys, I live in Shreveport. We should get together sometime and go detecting. I could use a detecting partner.

OP
OP
Kisatchie

Kisatchie

Feb 20, 2007
Winnfield, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
This is great! Already, we are finding locals to possibly MD with. I will try to keep up with everyones name and location, if it keeps growing it may become a long list..lol...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions