NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Go look at Angus Mackirk sluices. Easy to use, light weight (strap to your pack, not folding) and great at catching fine gold! I love mine...and no I'm not connected to them in any way.

Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No real advice to give but welcome fellow Hoosier where about are you located?
I'm near Greencastle.

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Lowell, way up north east, plan to do some messing around Attica and Delpi and of course MMSF when spring breaks and waters down. I just got a set of Garret pans yesterday and actually found some micro specs in a creek that runs through some hunting property today!! Very very small almost pin point size,but pretty sure it was gold cause it stayed in the top of the pan when you washed the black sand real carfully. Any color in Greencastle?

Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey I grew up in Attica you might check the pot holes I guess their prospecting there these days that's on the other side of the river heading toward Williamsport Indiana there's a place called Portland arch there as well though I don't know if you would be allowed to pan or sluice there I certainly wished that I would have had an interest back when I lived there as I know of several places that might have had some potential.
Well good luck.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i thought i heard that Potholes/Attica was closed down?? the Nature Conservacy owns a adjoining bank along that stream and they (ofcourse) complained a hole bunch about the guys out there. i was there probly 8 years ago with some In. friends and they warned me then to keep off their side of the stream.i maybe wrong, so please check it out before you go there!!

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Hunter,
If you choose a folding sluice make sure that you have the pivot area good and tight so that the over lap has no gap. A fella I know from Mn and a newbe asked me to help him learn prospecting. He bought a folding sluice. Had it as snug as it could be and he actually saw gold being sucked through the gap he thought was closed. He fixed it by gluing a strip of foam weather stripping in the gap. Worked good. Good luck.

B H Prospector

enckevin

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey there all this is my first post and glad that I’ve found a forum at last that seems to have some activity on it. I’ve been researching prospecting for a few years and have been out a few times in Virginia. I now have moves to the great state of South Carolina Gold County (Greenville). I think I’ve ran across a couple members in this area please feel free to let me know who you are and maybe we can prospect together. Looking forward to the posts and learning more about my hobby. First question for me: For someone new to sluicing is the EZ sluice a good piece of equipment seems most of the streams in the area iv panned in are shallow and low flow?

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome,

I bought the garret gravity trap pans love them,ant the ez sluice,the ez sluice works well the

plastic riffle can be tricky but mine never broke.push from the out side and the riffles come out easier.

you will have a great time with them......wish you luck and be safe.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome enckevin,

I have an EZ sluice along with others. I bought the ez just for the reason you stated. It works well in low flow areas. If flow is too slow just build wing dams on the sides to direct more water to the sluice.

Good Luck!

B H Prospector

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread