New here! Hello From West Springfield,Ma. !

DavidGuy

Greenie
Jun 28, 2016
West Springfield,MA
Detector(s) used
TC9700
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: I don't remember if I posted that I'm new here or not so I am doing it again :icon_scratch: I joined a couple weeks ago. My name is Dave and I'm from West Springfield,Ma. and I am a disabled Viet Nam Veteran. I have done metal detecting YEARS ago but now that I am disabled I have more time to go out. My wife bought me a new Treasure Hunter Pro 9700 and I am looking to get out more now. I need some help finding places around here though, I've been doing research just about EVERY DAY lately, and I can't figure it out lol what people tell me to do and how to research lol sorry, must be old age coming on lol Anyway, I've found SOME wheat backs in my daghters back yard of a house she just bought recently that's been there for over 100 years from what I can make out. I've pulled up a 1932 South Hadley 10k Gold High Schoool ring there also, along with a spoon(silver I think),a neckalce of old coins which you can see on my facebook page (davebonneville), and some other stuff,mainly wheat backs,etc. SO! If your from around me and can direct me to a couple of spots to hit up, no matter if they've been over done, ya never know :), I'd appreciate a lead to somewhere :) Thanks everyone! GLAD to be here! I've seen a lot fo GREAT finds on here! Hopefully I'll be one soon to!
Dave

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Dave! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Massachusetts for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
tn_salute.gif
Thank you for your service.

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might be hard to find enjoyment if you rely solely upon others. What exactly are you having trouble figuring out?

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dave; Greetings from Boston. The first thing is you are in the heart of Colonial Country. Look for the Farm Fields there. They are where you will make your best finds. The Fields are plowed at the end of September. That is when you hit them. The Season is from late September to the next April ok. REMEMBER: ALWAYS Fill Your Holes.!! The closest Club to you is a 3 hour drive but I will be happy to work with you here ok. Your sitting in a Gold Mine. Just stay out of Barre, MA. One Farmer owns the whole town and is a real jerk ok. Anyways, send me a Private Messege, (PM), and we can work from there ok. PEACE:RONB

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Dave,

Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

Barker has some good advice.

You could consider looking at schools, parks and places where people spend time outdoors; farm fields usually yield very nice keepers so ask away, but after they harvest the crops.

Private properties can be a great resource, but you must perfect your target extraction skills - leave no trace and take your trash.

Best regards,

GL & HH

Doc

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
David, welcome aboard...from SE Ohio...we all wish you the best of luck...heck, man...I've yet to score a gold ANYTHING!!!....so you're one up on me already..and im in my 2nd season...lol...if you were closer I'd scoop you up in a minute and drag you along..good luck my friend, HAPPY HUNTING...and how bout a pic of that ring !?...ha...looking forward to seeing future posts...ddf

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet..JPG If i hadn't welcomed you before. Remember all this land could have goodies from long ago. Try to pop shallow coins out with a screw driver.
If you must dig, place dirt on a plastic sheet so you can place it back in the hole. Get a waterproof detector for searching lake swimming beaches as that's where the gold is. Don't disc out pulltabs and you'll get more rings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread