New here

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I'm new to gold hunting or panning. My lovely girlfriend got me started by getting me a Garrett kit. After my first trip out I was hooked. I have been search on public lands and unclaimed areas and done ok. My girlfriend bought me a GPAA membership last week. We spent the weekend looking for a few of the claims. The one we had selected was not identified by any claim markers. In fact we located another claim near to the GPAA one that was well signed. The other claim was well signed with another claim name other then the GPAA one. The GPS coordinates show the claim to be near or within the area listed on the signs for the other claim. We then searched out 3 other GPAA claims and noticed that none of them were signed with claim signs. Is this common that GPAA claims go unsigned?

I did work one of the claims that I could easily tell where it was located. I spent the first half of the day and found almost nothing. I decided I should pack up and head home. After I had packed up, I took my pan and shovel to the other half of the claim. From the first pan I found pieces of gold larger then I have found to date. I unpacked all my gear and worked for another 3 hours.

Attachments

• image-30620468.jpg
    image-30620468.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 0

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's some pretty gold. The kind that makes you crazy. Happy trails

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Bigfoot.
Sounds like you got a sweetheart of a gal there to do all that for you. As far as the unmarked claims get ahold of the local chapter and let them know about it. They are supose to keep up on that. That is some nice color you got. Hang around in these forums and you will learn alot. Good folks in here.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions