New Here

M

mike11

Hi Im Mike newly regestered but have been reading and following the site for a long time. I have always had a passion to go hunting, now I think its time to persue it. The Q's I have for you guys is what detecter is a good one to get there are so many at so many different price levels I dont know where to begin looking.
Jeff, I love the site and being fairly close to you in Hazleton was wondering if you would like to help me get started.
Thanks for all your help and responses.
Mike

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Hazelton? I heard they gave Didn't allow Santa and his elves there this year because they were undocumented workers.

JK: Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of questions to ask yourself before going out and spending money on a detector. What are you going to search for? What is your budget?

IN my opinion, the best value on the market is the Garrett ACE 250. I have seen some great posts from users with that machine, and if you ask me, I think they should be charging double the price for it.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree...if you are just starting out you couldn't do any better than an Ace 250! After you master that you can upgrade!

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, welcome to the forum!! What do you have in your budget for a detector AND accessories? Keep in mind you will need some sort of digging tool, possibly headphones, and maybe a pin pointer.

OP
OP
M

mike11

Thanks for the reply guys. As far as a budget goes that kinda depends on how good the equip is. I kinda get carried away with hobbies. I like boating now that has turned into a 35 ft power boat with 1500hp.
Santa did make it this year but he was more concerned about being shot while in town more than anything else like the rest of us here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions