New Hobby Teknetics G2+ question

dustman27

Apr 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. I am new to this Hobby and after lots of reading, videos and research was strongly considering a Garret AT Pro for my first detector. However, someone near me is selling their very slightly used G2+ Camo LTD with the box for only $400 (he decided he didn't like the hobby as much as he expected) and the cheapest I can find an AT PRO is $500 at the moment. I live in Arizona, and would be using this mostly to find coins and jewelry in parks, with the occasional trip into some of the old mining towns for relics and gold nuggets.

I watched the videos and what appeals to me about the AT-Pro is its various modes you can select from and ease of use. The G2+ seems like it would have more of a learning curve.

Is the G2+ a good machine? My understanding is that it is an upgraded G2, couldn't find a lot of reviews on it.

I am also considering buying the G2+ and perhaps selling it on Ebay or something since its priced so low, but I am unsure of teknetics resale values since I cant find any used ones for sale online. Does resale take a hit on account of the nontransferable warranty? Is $400 a good price?

any input is much appreciated!

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jump on that deal! The G2 is a nugget hunter, operating at 19kHz. It will also work as a park hunter. They retail new at about $735.00. No harder to learn than the AT Pro. I say go for it!n:skullflag:

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the ATP & Fisher F19 and if the G2+ is anything like the F19 I can understand why he is getting rid of it - ATP has better depth even with the 5"X8" search coil on it. Also humidity & rain does not effect the ATP. The warranty is not transferable on The G2+. Good luck on your choice and wish you many great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would jump all over that deal. It's a heck of a detector. I know a lot of people love the atpro but I wasn't impressed with mine at all.

MikeyMinx

Apr 8, 2016
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would take that deal Dustman !

treasuretech

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a look at some of the videos on YouTube for the G2+ (and G2) and videos of the AT Pro. Look for videos where the performance of the detectors is shown, especially depth testing of coins in the ground. I did that and ended up with two G2+ units, a G2 (which I'll eventually sell), and a Gamma 6000.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't jump on it, put ME in contact with the guy and I'LL take it!!!!!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would jump on that deal in a NY minute. I recently missed out on a great deal on a G2 and I have to admit I was really sorry I let that one get away.
Just do it. I promise you won't regret it. Besides, you could EASILY re sell it any day for the same money in the highly unlikely event that you don't like it.

Teknetics machines are really good. Even the "low end" units perform extremely well for the money. A G2 for 400 bucks is a sweet deal. I also got my Omega used. I haven't regretted it for a second and never will. These are great detectors.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread