Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been a long time since I posted. Between winter and moving, I haven't had time to do much detecting. Hopefully I'll have lots more to share in the coming weeks!

So, we moved to a new house built in the 1930s. It has a couple laundry-chutes leading to the basement. It empties into a very strange place, not very practical for depositing laundry. Anyway, below the chute I noticed a small gap between the wall and the top of the back of a built-in shelf. Inside that gap I could see the edges of a few coins and found these >>>>

xIMG_3255.jpg

Not sure how to 1970s nickel got in there. It might have gotten mixed in with them when I put them in my pocket.

Well, I have detected most of my new yard save a couple places. Found lots of wheats, only 3 Rosies and a lonesome Indian (lot was originally the site of a carriage house for the older home next door). I also dug a GP ring, SP buckle, and a cool "reflector device", lead soldier and a 1950's republican button-hole pin. Also, I found a small band marked "P 29". Maybe an old pigeon band?

xIMG_3259.jpg

xIMG_3266.jpg

xIMG_3267.jpg

Else where in my digging I have retrieved a toy car, harmonica reed and a couple more wheats at a sidewalk tear-out.

xIMG_3362.jpg

The trails a a local park gave up an old "good for 5 cents" token from the local Moose lodge which I am pretty happy about (+crusty wheat).

xIMG_3363.jpg

And a playscape build at another park gave up a couple modern tokens to the local cinema, a very crusty Indian (a couple wheats not pictured) and a very interesting (but very trashed) engineers button from the by-gone "Pere Marquette' Railroad that once operated here in Michigan.

xIMG_3256.jpg

Thanks for looking !

Last edited:
Upvote 20

dman80

May 30, 2015
Low Country, SC
Detector(s) used
Deus XP, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds. I Guess other than better construction there are other advantages to buying an older home.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i had a dryer when i was a kid the drum was loose and it always made a banging noise everytime we used it and it lasted 20 plus years i found so many coins lighters just about everything you can imagine when i finally took the back off one day ill never forget it . mostly clad but i hit pay dirt that day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
You really did well sir.

I have a soft spot for lead toy soldiers. That one looks really intact.

Best of luck to you!

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes! I am selling my metal detector and prowling some mid century laundry chutes!

I hope none of the YouTube guys steal this idea- it could be BIG.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pretty darn sweet!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That laundry chute eyeball finds was a nice one. The rest are fine as well. I guess our treasure hunting radar never turns off. Well done.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the nice finds! :occasion14:

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. What a haul. I wish my house would have been that kind to me. Also, I found a reflector exactly like yours a couple months ago and was wondering what the heck it was.:laughing7:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread