Bhodge

Bhodge

Mar 1, 2005
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, I am open to anything. I collect coins more than anything so thats kind of where I figured I would start. But anything is treasure to me. I guess a school or old church, springs, park or whatever. I just need a starting point. Can I dig in a State National park? Is it legal? thanks again

Bhodge

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Watch out for the state and federal parks, always best to call them to see what their rules and regulations are. I've not experienced it first hand but have heard stories of people having their metal detectors confiscated for getting caught detecting in a federal park. Some state parks have detecting permits you can get, others are off limits.

If you're into older coins you may want to head to the library and check out the local history section to see if there are any locations where there may have been an amusement park, carnival, fairs, old swimming holes, train stations, church orchards, sled riding hill... Any place you can think of where there was activity long ago that may have involved money changing hands.

Dudes

OP
OP
Bhodge

Bhodge

Mar 1, 2005
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks. I will call the parks before I go. If anyone reads this from this area, send me a message.

thanks

hodge

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Bhodge,
You cant metal detect in any National Park, getting caught puts you at risk of losing your equipment, your vehicle impounded and fines. I dont know about Tenn state parks, here in North Carolina its a no, Virginia is no, Wv is no, SC used to be yes but havent checked recently. Welcome to a great hobby and keep us posted on your finds
hh

treasurebum1

Jan 12, 2005
flora ms.
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gti2500 whites vision
:D welcome to the forum and great huntin to you from treasurebum1 in mississippi

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Bhodge
welcome to East Tenn.keep out of the federal parks,we have many. Same fedreral laws can apply even if you are on private property with out permision and are found with historical finds in value of $100.00 or more.You can go to TVA.GOV and download a permit for MD, hunting on TVA boat landings,parks and lake fronts.Best of luck I,m just outside of Knoxville HH

KNOXHUNTER

Jan 17, 2005
Bhodge, What part of east Tn. are you in.I recently dusted off my detectors and looking for fellow detectorists to hunt with. Knoxhunter

OP
OP
Bhodge

Bhodge

Mar 1, 2005
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knoxhunter, I sent you an IM, I live in Sevierville

Top Member Reactions