New hunter

racing33

Jun 26, 2007
Hello,
I am brand new to treasure hunting. My father has been at it for a while now and he has got me interested in trying this out. For my birthday my dad bought me a brand new Ace 250 metal detector with a bunch of extras. So far I have unpacked the unit, put it together and read all the material that came with it as well as watched the video several times. Tomorrow I plan on doing the bench test and then trying it out for real.Anyways I just thought I would introduce myself and say hello.
Happy hunting to all.

K

Kentucky Kache

Hello and welcome aboard. I hope you find alot of treasure with the new detector. Sounds like you have a pretty good dad there.

OP
OP
R

racing33

Jun 26, 2007
Thanks. I hope that with practice that I can find some interesting things from the past. Yes my dad is a real good guy. I only wish that we could go detecting together. I live in Michigan and he lives in California. It is raining here today so I think unless it clears out that I will be doing only the bench testing.
Bruce jr

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet....I am sure you will be well satisfied with the Ace...It is a coin magnet. I'm sure your Dad wishes he could hunt with you also and I'm sure you will soon...Keep us informed of your finds...and don't get discouraged...HH

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net, Racing! You have a fine lil machine and you should find many treasures beneath your feet. Keep us posted of your finds, Good Luck & Happy Hunting!

;) RR

OP
OP
R

racing33

Jun 26, 2007
I will post whatever I may find. I have never done this before. I just got my detector yesterday and already I am wanting to go try it out. I think it would be really cool to find something old and then try and learn the history of how it came to be where I found it.
Bruce jr

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Welcome aboard Bruce. Don't forget to always fill your holes or you will leave a bad name for everyone else. HH and enjoy your new machine, it's a good one.

Cal

OP
OP
R

racing33

Jun 26, 2007
Right on it looks like the rain is going to let up here in Michigan. I will remember to fill my holes and always to try and leave an area in as good or better shape than before I got there. I will not tarnish everyone else's reputation by my actions.
I have a few silver quarters that I am going to use in my bench test session so I can get the feel for how the silver sounds on my detector. I have the normal assortment of coins, a nail, and a couple of types of pull tabs. Is there anything else that I need to do a proper bench test session??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread