New in Roseburg

oregon THer

Mar 21, 2006
Hey everyone. I moved to Roseburg, Oregon about a year ago and haven't been able to do much MD'ing until now. I'm fairly new to MD'ing and have a Garrett Ace 250. Is there anyone out there interested in a partner who doesn't know much but, is more than willing to learn? I also have an interest in privy digging and looking for old bottle dumps. I am available on weekends and don't mind driving a little ways for some MD action.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Welcome to Tnet!! So glad you joined us and I am sure you will find someone on your side of the mountain to MD with! Have fun and find lots of goodies!! oh....and post pics! :thumbsup:

indyflyer

Greenie
Aug 25, 2007
If you haven't already looked them up, there is a very active prospecting club in Roseburg, they have frequent outings and some claims in the area.

Roseburg Chapter (Roseburg OR) Gary Sturgill (541) 672 2581 Meets 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM

You're in a good area for MD'ing, lots of places along the Umpqua river system for gold, just watch for claims.

OP
OP
O

oregon THer

Mar 21, 2006
Thanks for the help. I've tried to contact Gary but, the voicemail is constantly full so I can't leave a message. I guess I will just keep trying.

OP
OP
O

oregon THer

Mar 21, 2006
Did some panning out at Dole road this morning at 7:00. There was only one other rig out there so plenty of room to pick a spot and hunker down. I was only there for about an hour before I got too cold and had to leave. Anyway, I got 5 pickers and lots of flour gold in about 5 shovels full of dirt. I'm thinking I will head out there again later today.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Sounds pretty sweet to me! I am not sure I would have been able to get myself to leave...cold or not....on second thought...I am a huge cold weather wimp! lol Go find some more! We want pics too! Congrats!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
yes, this I know! lol You have to move a LOT of dirt to find the good stuff but it is oh so very fun and worth it! Congrats on a great weekend!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread