New Machine- Great Finds!

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently purchased a XP Deus. BEST machine I have ever used! Hands down! Unbelievable how this machine can pick the good targets out of iron infested ground, simply amazing. I found these relics today on a sugarcane row that had been searched before. Literally nails every swing..........but the Deus homed in on the Union Infantry Cuff button (15mm), Merrill CW bullet with the brass base found nearby. Musket ball (no less than 13 inches deep), brass nails, fired bullets, piece of a pewter spoon and eye balled clay marbles and pottery pieces. What a day! What a machine!!

Attachments

• firstdeustrip.jpg
    firstdeustrip.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 136
  • firstdeustrip2.jpg
    firstdeustrip2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 121
  • firstdeustrip3.jpg
    firstdeustrip3.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 13

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel the same way. It's hard to describe how awesome the Deus is haha! Cool finds man

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If it's producing in a "pounded" site like that, who can argue?! Both the guys I hunt with use them, and they seem really good!

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
My digging buddy made an excellent point, the Deus was designed in Europe for hunters trying to find things in thousands of years of iron. Makes sense that they would make a machine to pull the good out of nail patches! I will never look back!

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;
Tesoro Vaquero;
Fisher F5;
Whites Eagle Spectrum - Started it all
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some really cool finds especially out of a well hunted area. I really like hearing the stories about how new machines work for Tnetters. I'm leaning towards a new Deus a little more with each story like this. Congrats on finds and the new machine

I-DIG-IT

Silver Member
Mar 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs. The Deus is a Lean, Mean, Finding, Machine.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

I wonder how much the new/best/wonderful is because it is "new" and one tends to pay attention more whilst learning a new machine.

In any case, sounds like everybody needs to just throw away their current machines and find a Deus seller. ;) (in case poor eyes can't see it, that's a WINKY SMILEY!! LOL

Many happy returns! :)

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read about the Deus and really like that it offers current wireless and software download technology. How many hours of hunting do you get before you have to charge it again. Did you use the 9" or 11". Thanks for the info!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
I've heard nothing but good things about the deus since they've arrived on the scene, everyone that has one seems to think the same way!
It's something to think about when it's time to get a new unit.
It won't be too long til you're popping out the half dimes with that one!

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey shanegalang!! CONGRATS!! I have heard the Deus is quite a unit!! Sounds as if you're very impressed!! Perhaps now you can give Buck a run for the Treasure!! He HE!! Hope you're well!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

chiefdanaho

Jun 6, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats !! I LOVE MY DEUS, it grows on you also, the more you use it the better you will like it.. the thing is an animal in iron, will hit copper rivets next to a horseshoe..
what size coil are you using?

dan

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt bud. If I hunted in those conditions more often I would absolutely buy a Deus. Lots of people that I respect on here all say the same thing. Lightning fast recovery in the trash and iron. Very impressive

Last edited:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds buddy. You certainly found a Maynard Carbine bullet and the bottom of the casing. Casing disc should have a tiny hole in it in the center, and a solder mark in a ring around it on one side.

Nice little "I" cuff!

-Buck

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap, that machine can find a silver needle in a stack of iron nails!

Your year will be a great one!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds with an awesome machine!, ive never used a deus but have been an eye witness at how unbelievably fast its response time is, we layed down 4 different types of metals, close together and the guy swiped over them really fast and all 4 registered super fast, very impressive machine, good luck with it!

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes I posted the wrong name for the bullet, it's a Maynard Carbine bullet (oooops) I have the 11 inch coil. Thanks for the replies folks, the machine is nothing short of amazing.

Molemann

Nov 30, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Deus, ETrac, MXT Pro, Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Deus World.
Enough said.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread