New member and new to MD.

Gath

Dec 20, 2014
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone! So here is a little bit of info/background on me. MD has always peeked my curiosity however it wasn't until very recently that I found myself in a unique position to acquire a metal detector (Garrett ATX). I was excited about starting the hobby and at the same time was able to help someone else out by buying it from them. I had no idea what I had got myself into. I had never MD'd before and it was very discouraging the first couple times I took the ATX out but I just stuck with it and dug up a lot of pull tabs and nails. I am starting to understand the tones and finally had a successful weekend. The first find was an "Ugly"1902 nickel but it was beautiful to me and a huge confidence boost. Needless to say I went straight back out to the same spot the next day. After a few hours of digging up trash I figured out what I was doing again and heard that sweet sweet tone. I dug and dug in that spot for what seemed like an eternity while my wife and daughter watched from the car and just as I was about to give up on finding what caused the sound I seen a 1918 walking Liberty half dollar glistening from the hole. I jumped up and down for a few mins ( I bet my family thought I was crazy)! After I gained my composure I hit the hole again with the MD and heard another beautiful sound. This one wasn't as elusive as the half dollar she popped right out of the hole, it was a 1911 (D) Dime. I am now HOOKED! I will upload pics of my find once I figure out how to. Thanks for reading this and hope you all have a great Christmas.

Last edited:

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the club ... :occasion14:

OP
OP
G

Gath

Dec 20, 2014
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Padiggers

Dec 6, 2014
Cherry Tree, Pa
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro, Delta 4000, TC2X, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum....I signed up a few weeks ago and the members here are a Great bunch. Now that you are hooked it hard to think of anything else.

OP
OP
G

Gath

Dec 20, 2014
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your absolutely right. It's all I can think about. I have got a huge list of places to go just not enough time to go. I do get to go out tomorrow though! I'm going to hit an old homestead that only has the reminisce of sandstone cellar left on the property. After talking with some of my contacts and a little research I'm fairly positive the original home was moved off the property to a farm down the road and NOT burned down. I'm hoping this to be true so I don't have to deal with a lot of nails.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread