New Member but not New Visitor

Silveraden

Greenie
Aug 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I am Raden from Philippines.
I used Silveraden as my handle (also in all other online forums) because I've been on sterling silver business since 2003.

I've been around in this forum for quite sometime now but registered only today. I tried hunting treasures before but in the past few years, I decided not to join any more treasure hunting activities aside from solo metal detecting for coins and other relics on beaches, old cemeteries and old parks.

I am originally from Silay City but living in Batangas since 1999.

Many people turned crazy analyzing the so called Yamashita signs without realizing that these fake signs. Heck even natural signs/formation on stones are considered Yamashita signs.

My father, who was a WWII veteran and has just passed away last month told me not to join any treasure hunting because it's a waste of time and money and focus only on metal detecting without following any codes. The only treasure we found during the course of our digging years ago were valuable porcelain plates from an old Cemetery in Passi City, Iloilo.

I enjoy metal detecting for coins and some rare, weird, odd old objects, but treasure hunting? No. There are a lot of weird thoughts and ideas about treasure hunting in Philippines.

There are hundreds to thousands of treasure hunters here and most of them claims to be experts with highly sophisticated equipment and years of experience. Asked them what they found so far and they will tell you nothing.

I have more or less a hundred of kilos of coins, silver, copper, and even unidentified relics found in the beaches of Negros, Batangas, and Taal Lake (My favorite spot), without digging anything deeper than 2 feet and without breaking my head analyzing a fake code.

Good luck!

Edited:
A couple of years ago, my father mentioned that some Japanese soldiers stayed in an old farm house for a week. The old house was located inside our property in Silay City. After hearing, I surveyed the area with my MD and unearthed a box of broken rifles and a box of empty and live ammunition. Nothing is valuable. Both boxes are made of wood wrapped in plastic and measures 1 x 3 feet. I'll take photos when I return to our old house in Negros.

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Philippines for information directly related to your country.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :hello: