New Member From Portland, Oregon

xm110

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,
my name is Eric. I am an Army veteran (5 years in the infantry/sniper section) and am originally from South Carolina. I was stationed in Alaska for the majority of my Army time, and decided to move to Portland because I fell in love with the mountainous terrain of the last frontier. :laughing7: I am studying geology and spending most of my time outdoors or at music venues. I did some metal detecting when I was young but am a newbie to vlf detecting, and just picked up a Tesoro Vaquero. I have some questions but I will post those in the proper section :thumbsup:
Im always down to meet new people and learn from the vets!

Good luck on your hunts!

Eric

Last edited:

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
I lived in portland for ten years,cool town.wished I started detectin before i moved away.
try up at powell butte.or laurellhurst park.I would like to hear how it is there.
Oh by the way welcome to tn and happy hunting.

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome from Mississippi! :)

OP
OP
X

xm110

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everybody!

Im really wanting to try Powell once I get the time to drive up there. Im sort of on the outskirts

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome for NY!

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
ya powell butte is really cool been there a bunch a times.you might try the amusement park in oaks bottom
as well. Now would be a good time to do it cause they shut down for the winter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread