New Member- Greetings from OK

Goat84

Jan 13, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am not only a new member, but am completely new to the pursuit of "treasure hunting." A little about myself...

I just graduated from college with a BA in Philosophy and plan to enroll in Law School this upcoming fall semester. My studies have been primarily focused around metaphysics, political philosophy, philosophy of religion and ethics; however, in my personal time I also study psychology, history, current events and geopolitics. My special areas of interests include the philosophical 'problem of evil' and 'problem of personal identity.'

Though these studies do not necessarily relate to the new pursuit I have chosen, I do have ample experience in areas that may be beneficial. First and foremost I love scuba diving and am currently working on my Rescue Diver certification. Though I have not yet reached the Master/Instructor level, I have logged many dives and have somewhat specialized in technical diving and underwater navigation. For this reason I will be basing many of my expeditions, or hunts if you will, in underwater areas. My first planned trip is actually going to be a lake diving trip to Lake Texhoma. There I hope to locate jewelry and other valuable items that swimmers may have lost over the years.

In addition to scuba diving, I am also a dedicated hiker/backpacker/camper and have spent a good majority of my life exploring the many wilderness areas of S/SW Oklahoma. The skills needed to be a regular in the outdoors are perhaps many of the same skills needed to be a treasure hunter. My approach to the outdoors is primitive at its core; though I am proficient in using modern equipment, I prefer to take the minimalist approach whenever possible. This is even the case with 'modern' activities such as scuba... in other words, if I can get by with a mask and snorkel as opposed to a scuba rig, I will take the former route.

Finally, I will conclude by saying that my new interest in the pursuit of treasure will become more than just a hobby. Though I do not have every second of my time to devote to the profession (I do have bills to pay and other things to accomplish, after all), I plan on spending my weekends pursuing the dream. When I am financially secure, hopefully I will have the opportunity to do this on a more "full-time" basis.

Thank you for your time and I hope to not only learn a lot from this community, but also make lasting and significant friendships along the way!

-Goat

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to a new addiction for you.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the Net, Goat :icon_sunny: Hope you find some good stuff and will be looking forward to seeing your finds, Ron

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
Goat84