New Member here in Mass looking to learn the trade!!!

MJE

Dec 4, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

I just got an early Christmas present and got my metal detector. I am looking to get into treasure hunting and wonder if anyone can offer some helpful tips or if some in the area can buddy up and show me the ropes.

I don't know the laws and as I was reading some of the threads here..... I could really use some know leg from some the seasoned folks.

Any good places to metal detect?

MJE

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hunt this site, every night, read what interests you, and you will do well. good luck to you.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome.Enjoy your new md.Good luck.HH.

Quack

Dec 4, 2013
South Eastern Mass.
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ... welcome fellow Mass'er ... what part of the State ?

Let me know how you like the AT Pro ... I am thinking of getting one ... maybe this month.

Q.

OP
OP
M

MJE

Dec 4, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Holbrook.... Just moved here a year ago from California. My job takes me from Taunton to Ptown every week so that's about the jist of where I have been in the state besides Boston. Where do I start?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread