New member. Hoping I made the right choice for my first real MD.

6packor2

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive only used a cheap radio shack md and found quite a bit of stuff. I decided I would invest in a better machine. I just hope I didnt bite off more than i can chew. Originally I was going to buy a fisher f2. Did more research and decided on a f4. Did more research and changed my mind to an f5.Any tips or tricks I need to be aware of with this. Is this really that hard a machine to get used to? I dont plan on buying any other machine for quite a while. Hoping I can grow in to it. Would like to hear from others that bit the bullet and bought a machine hoping they could grow into it. Any thoughts on it? Anything I should know upfront? Thanks for your time. Cant wait for spring.

Tony in Virginia

Dec 14, 2012
King and Queen County Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC / FISHER GOLDBUG
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You will be fine. Don't know much about your machine , but I have a Fisher Goldbug Pro and love mine. I moved up to an Etrac but still use the Fisher quite a bit, because it is killer on bullets and silver. Yours will be just like it I'm sure. Good luck hunting.

OP
OP

6packor2

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my fingers crossed. I paid 275.00 for it. I think thats a decent price. didnt want to go over 300 bucks.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
750867d1361389651t-new-here-american-mozambique-africa-lmkwelcfshx_e01.gif

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome!!! Remember the first ten of your finds must be donated to us current memebers here on TNet.

Did you believe that even in the slightest???
Good choice on your first detector, keep it swingin'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread