New Member Located Just Outside Houston, TX

MADJOKER

Jun 25, 2011
Missouri City, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Hello All! I wanted to introduce myself to the group.

I live about 30 miles outside of Houston, TX in a town named Missouri City. I am a complete noob to metal detecting and my new detector will arrive this week. I purchased the Garrett Ace 350 unit and I am super excited to get and see what I can find once I figure out how to use the unit.

I am 35 years old married with 2 childern and I hope to bring them on some of my finding trips! I became intrested in metal detecting after watching a TV show about the life of Jesse James and there was a group of people that were looking for some location that Jesse James would live payment money for his gang and they were able to locate it with a metal detector. I was amazed with the old coins and items they found and I am very interested in history and old things so I said I should get one and see what I can find out.

I plan to go around the community I live to see what I can find. It is a new community but prior to homes being built here it was full of sugar plantations and a saw mill so I would bet I can find something here!

Look forward to reading about everyones findings and hope I can share some of mine with you all when I find items.

Happy Hunting!!

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am up by Abilene... there is a lot of history in this area... too bad it so dang hot!

Chukers

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking forward to meeting you at CTH4!!

pirate_treasure_map (4).jpg

Attachments

• pirate_treasure_map (4).jpg
    pirate_treasure_map (4).jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 110

SpringTxDigger

Dec 28, 2008
Katy Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. I'm in Spring. There are lots of MD clubs in the greater houston area. If you have any questions about the area give me a shout!

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to T-Net. I'm located N/E of Baytown, in Old River-Winfree..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread