New Member - New to Metal Detecting, Butler, PA (30 miles north of Pittsburgh)

Truk58

Nov 9, 2013
Butler, PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, I have been interested in metal detecting for sometime, finally got my first machine, a Fisher F2. I have spent about 8 or 9 hours on it so far, it's really fun, even though I am not finding any good stuff yet. I have been digging a lot of tabs and scrap metal pieces that I thought were coins. I have found a bunch of newer coins also. I have only detected two places so far; my yard and a newer school... hopefully once I figure out some better places to go, I will have a chance to find some older relics and coins.

I am looking to join a metal detecting club in the Butler, PA area. I saw one mentioned on here, but I can't find any information on it, other than it met at a bowling alley every third Thursday of the Month, at least up until July of this year, but no further posts with mentions of it, possibly it disbanded or is off for the Fall/Winter. If anyone knows please respond. Thanks.

Also, I am looking for other detecting hobbyist's in the area to hunt with.

Truk58
(Kurt)

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site. I used to live in Cranberry Township when I was a kid, My little bro. lives in Kittanning now. I use my MD to look for gold in Arizona.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heya welcome to the forums!! from Calgary Alberta!!

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome from florida.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread