New Member Saying Hello

WormtownHunter

Jun 14, 2006
Worcester, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70 Pro
Hi All!

Just wanted to stop and introduce myself after alot of time lurking around here.
The name's Barry, and I live in Worcester right in the heart of Central Massachusetts. I've been metal detecting since I was 14, which makes it about 22 years now. My favorite part of this hobby is definitely Coinshooting, and I have made some decent finds over the years and hopefully more to come.

I started off using a little radio shack unit that I received as a birthday gift those many years ago, and now I use 3 primary detectors: A Fisher 1266-X, A Garrett GTAx 550 and a Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300.

Hopefully sometime in the future I will be lucky enough to be able to purchase a Whites DFX or XLT, but for now the 3 detectors I use do the trick.

Well, thanks for listening to my long winded intro, and it's nice to meet all of you.

Happy Hunting!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
WormtownHunter

WormtownHunter

Jun 14, 2006
Worcester, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70 Pro
Mighty AP said:
Welcome Wormtown! With 22 years of experience I fully expect to see some great posts & pics! I bet you find some great coins in Massachusets! ;D

So far my personal best has been an 1897 O Barber Half Dollar in VG condition. Now that was a blast to find! ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome TownHunter.

There is always Room for one more here.

Happy Posting !

Jeff

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Welcome WtH! There are a lot of good people here with great advice. I have been at for 25 years and also started with a Radio Shack detector. Moved up to a 1220X, 1265X (won at a hunt), Tecknetics 6000B and now I have an Xterra 70 and Explorer II. Metal Detecting has changed a lot in twenty years and I recently got back into it when I moved to Florida. HH Cal

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the best site on the net for metal detecting/treasure hunting.

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barry,
You live less than a mile away from me! If you're ever looking for a THing buddy, let me know!
Lara

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. Don't hesitate to post past finds with pictures. We would like to see new and old finds. Hope to see more from you. HH
Burdie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread