New member with a few cool finds

steelrat

Jan 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow Nectar lovers...lol. So my friend and I went out earlier this week and found some cool items. It was his first time and my 4th. This was my most significant find yet. If anyone has an idea who made this and the name of the car ect. that would be great. I see the stamp under the car it says United States of America (only part of America shows and STATES) plus a date of 7/45 or /45.
This was found in Auburn, CA on a piece of ground with several mines. Lots of iron junk but some cool pieces of "Nectar".

IMAG2196.jpg IMAG2186.jpg IMAG2182.jpg IMAG2149.jpg IMAG2175.jpg IMAG2185.jpg

Upvote 3

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi - nice finds, but no one uses the word "nectar" in reality other than those two clowns on detecting TV. The slang terms they use are rediculous--in well over a decade of detecting I have never heard one used by a real detectorist. I think they are made up for the show!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a Tootsie Car that was similar to that one a while back..Very Cool find...If its made in USA...then its old for sure

WVCOINHUNTER

Jan 19, 2012
Vienna, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Pro, XP MI6, Garrett Pro Pointer, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree about the terminology, and I'm glad to see someone else use the term detectorist!!! My wife says it's not a real word, and sounds dumb! I like it!

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree about the terminology, and I'm glad to see someone else use the term detectorist!!! My wife says it's not a real word, and sounds dumb! I like it!

Don't worry--my wife thinks everything about detecting is dumb, so I'm constantly fighting an uphill battle. She refers to my finds as "scrapnel" and "garbage." :laughing7: I think the term "detectorist" is fairly well accepted terminology. "Nectar", "roundness", "civ" from that show though are just a bunch of made up nonsense terms for the show. It's a bit sad for laymen to watch the show and think that we speak (and act) this way. A buddy who has seen the show, but doesn't detect, asked me the other day after I'd been out detecting if I'd found any "nectar." Crazy!

WVCOINHUNTER

Jan 19, 2012
Vienna, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife likes the fact that detecting makes me happy, but has no interest what so ever! Of course they always like it when I bring home jewelry or make money with my finds. I keep my relics and coins, but usually sell the jewelry! I have detecting withdraw because the weather is so bad right now. Cant wait for warmer weather with no snow!!

DigNdirt

Greenie
Jan 13, 2013
Erwin, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome Finds. Looks like you have a great spot.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one whose wife laughs and criticizes my adventures. She loves it ever since I got my 10 year old son a detector and put my 4 year old daughter on the pin pointer duty. She practically pushes me out the door with them now. Hopefully it won’t snow tonight because I hope to be swinging and digging.

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool find! My wife had to take out both my detectors tuesday night to help a friend who lost her ring....all i could do was smile!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, keep it up! I used to live in Sac, wish I knew then what i know now about all the gold in the area!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds but ditto the other posters on the non-cool tv only made up verbiage. Hearing it or seeing it posted makes me want to lose my nectar all over the place.

Last edited:

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agreed,those dudes are embarrassing..My wife doesn't make fun of my detecting as much as she makes fun of the different ways i decide to clean my finds..She walks though the door and see's my finds soaking in whatever I decided to clean them in and says, "Oh no,not another science project"..then I say,"I could spend all my free time at the bar if you'd prefer" That usually keeps her quiet.... Can't wait for the weather to break here so I can find more science projects!!

OP
OP
S

steelrat

Jan 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok ...I agree no more sappy nick names. The show is alittle on the cornball side , however they sure have some fun finding great artifacts! I hope it will inspire the next younger generation to pick up a hobby like this instead of sitting on there butts playing endless hours of video slavery and numbing our kids brains. If Nectar or Juice is what gets their minds curious , then there doing a great job. I just love seeing what cool finds they dig up.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good start and welcome!!

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome and above all else, enjoy yourself. This hobby is quite rewarding in many ways. I am allergic to "NECTOR!" :laughing7:

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a hilarious show, my boys enjoy it the most. Me I laugh at the slang words which no one ever uses. Better than American diggers or might be the same.

WVCOINHUNTER

Jan 19, 2012
Vienna, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No matter what, it's an awesome hobby! Enjoy it and remember the code; respect people's property, fill your holes and keep swinging! Good luck and welcome!

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool truck, must have been a hit and run from the looks of it. Nice find. HH

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok ...I agree no more sappy nick names. The show is alittle on the cornball side , however they sure have some fun finding great artifacts! I hope it will inspire the next younger generation to pick up a hobby like this instead of sitting on there butts playing endless hours of video slavery and numbing our kids brains. If Nectar or Juice is what gets their minds curious , then there doing a great job. I just love seeing what cool finds they dig up.
Awe shucks...I missed an opportunity to call myself Nectar when I was picking a user name for this forum!:tongue3:
Nice Tootsie Toy find, etc, steelrat and welcome to TNet!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The car is really neat.Congrats and welcome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread