New Member with a Question to ask...

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Norfolk and detect mostly in SE Virginia. I use Whites but am looking for a good backup machine for my brother when he comes up. I am looking to buy either the Tesoro Cibola (no GB) or the Tesoro Vaquero. I am leaning towards the Cibola for its faster sweeping speed. Any input from owner as to which they like better would be apprieciated.

Last edited:

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel
Hi there, I can't speak for eather of the 2 detectors but would like to say that I just bought a Minelab SE about 6 weeks ago and have had great success with it. Both with relics and coins. I use to use a Fisher detector 5 years ago and am amazed a the technical advances that have been made. I detected an area that has been done hundreds of times and pulled a 1773 VA 1/2 penny. It was pretty deep also. About 15 inches. I'm sure you will have great success with either choice. Happy hunting.

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah i was reading about that earlier. I am planning on making a trip up to Williamsburg either this weekend or next to do some MDing around Fort Magruder...or what use to be Fort Magruder. I work at Fort Eustis and we have alot of good sites down here also.

Rockfshr

May 22, 2005
Hampton Roads VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a great site near Fort Eustis last year and got to hunt it a couple of times,found a few three ringers and two buttons and had barely scratched the surface, then Newport News parks and recreation bought the land and gave us a nice warning(still got the citation) that metal detecting on park property is not allowed. >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread