Oklahomahunter

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey im from oklahoma, been detecting for a few weeks now with my tesoro compadre amazing detector for its price.All i've found currently is clad and now im hunting an older spot where around 1910-1940 a general store stood i have found nothing but trash from the people that use to live there.Its hard to hunt because of the tall weeds and critters biting the crap out of you.
But im going to keep hunting there i havent lost hope yet :headbang:

Any recommendations to find more coins? thats currently what im after but i still love digging up old relics.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from florida.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Oklahoma for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Welcome from Texas. When I had hunted an area with high weeds/grass, carry a light weed eater. Takes a little more time, but it has been worth it.

Bill

swok

Tenderfoot
Sep 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are you located in Oklahoma? I am in the sw part of the state myself

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the Rocky Mountains, Summit County Colorado from a former Oklahoman. Research to find any areas where folks used to gather: fairgrounds, rodeo grounds, picnic areas, old church camp meeting areas, old townsites, etc. Online the Chronicles of Oklahoma and the Oklahoma Historical Society are pretty good sources of info, and don't forget your local library. Good hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread