jasgriffin

Mar 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a new member to the club, but I use to treasure hunt many years ago. Then I used a bounty hunter, now on to knock the rust off, I like to get an opinion about what treasure hunters are using now. I am generally looking for almost anything that I can find. Price is a concern, but. I'd like something more than just for a beginner.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loaded question, but generally folks stick to the name brands which are Garrett, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, Bounty Hunter, Fisher, Teknetics, XP Deus (there are more that I haven't listed, but these are most of them).

You can go to Kellyco or some of the other dealers sites here and see what detectors they have. Pretty much the models you see are what people are using. If you ask the question "what is the best detector?" you will get a host of answers. My recommendation is to weld a few models FIRST and decide for yourself.

Dealer wise; I have purchased from almost everyone. They all have their pluses and minuses. I tend to like buying from the smaller dealers and the ones that you can get on the phone and speak to first hand, which are 3/4 of the ones on Treasurenet.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! Look into a Tesoro Vaquero; Minelab X-Terra 505; Fisher F-70; Whites MX5

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try the F2 from Fisher! Great machine! You can't go wrong with it. Also when you buy, but from Bart at big boys hobbies! Ask him for his best price!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread