SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need a waterproof detector that will work well in Saltwater. While there are a few to choose from, the most commonly used seems to be a Minelab Excaliber, pricey but worth it.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Welcome to TNet; You should look at the Whites Beach Hunter. It has 3 different lighted diodes that give you underwater Discrimination. Works great in all types of water conditions and has great depth. The Warranty is Top Notch. You can't beat it ok. Good like. PEACE:RONB

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bob,, Welcome to TNet
If you are going into the water,, as was previously mentioned,, the Minelab Excalibur is probably your best bet.
You should know however that in Florida State Parks,, you're not allowed in the water. You can hunt from the
water line to the dunes, but not in the water. I hunted numerous beaches on the Gulf Coast, in the water,
without a problem, but stay out of the water in State Parks. The Excalibur sells for around $1,500.00 new.
The AT PRO is an excellent machine and will operate well in Fresh water but salt water will drive it crazy. You
should know that salt water is a conductor and will give most machines a hard time. I have used both in salt
water, and the Excalibur wins hands down. The AT Pro will operate well on dry sand and the price for a new
PRO is in the neighborhood of $595.00 You can shop around for the best price. Good luck and Happy Hunting.

Last edited:

red fox bob

Feb 23, 2016
Apollo,Pa
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Garrett Pro Pointer,Custom Made Sand Scoop,Garrett AT Pinpointer, Whites MX Sport , Eqauinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob Check out some of the classifieds at some of the other forums . I found a Whites Beach Hunter at a really good price & it was in perfect shape . Good luck & welcome to Tnet.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a new member who is interested in buying a Metal detector for use on the beach in Florida. I like quality but don't necessarily want the most expensive unit that I can find. I need advice on where to purchase and a recommendation on what to buy.
Many thanks for your help.

Bob Moren

Welcome to TNET, Bob!!:thumbsup:

foilfinder

Jul 15, 2014
Ardmore Ok.
Detector(s) used
Sovereign/WOT,Goldquest,DFX,Tesoro DeLeon,
Fisher Impulse.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would also recommend the beach hunter, the Fla beaches are good hunting for the VLF detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread