fonfixer

Feb 18, 2008
blanchard, la
Detector(s) used
dfx
Hi all. Another new member brought in by Juanmoretime. Steve is pretty good about encouraging people. I was about to give this hobby up just a couple of months ago, and just yesterday a found my first buffalo thanks to Steve. He's gotten me on the right track with less disappointment with my finds. I live in NW La. but willing to travel hunt. I hunt with a White's DFX, my son has a Prizm IV, he's only 13, been detecting for less than a year and already has a gold ring in his finds.

Doug

Attachments

• oldschool-014.jpg
    oldschool-014.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 181

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the group Doug!!!

Actually, I'll have to buy Doug breakfast sometime this week for all the nice words I put in his mouth!! Lol! We work together but didn't know each other had detected before......well, he slipped up and ask me about a sonic jewelery cleaner and the light went off in my head. I figured he had to detect and after putting pressure on him, he confessed! The rest is history! He loves it like I do and wants to meet everyone and get involved so mark one more up for the Louisiana site. We're coming out of the woodwork now! :o

Just goes to prove all you have to do is stir it up real good and the cream comes to the top!!!

Welcome once again,
Steve

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Whites DFX
Hey Doug,

Welcome aboard. Saw a picture of you and your buffalo yesterday. Steve keeps this up, their gonna have to start paying him a commission. And you are exactly right about Steve. I haven't seen that much enthusiasm in a long time. He sure has a passion for the hobby. Glad to see you joined and if you ever get down around Baton Rouge, look me up.

RickyP

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Doug,

I had to look twice at your picture, you look like a guy I know and his name is Doug also. Welcome to TNet, looking forwarded to seeing you at the LBH, bring your son too. We're all going to have fun, Noodle has some great hunt areas lined up for us, plenty of food for everyone and just look at all the door prizes you may have a chance to win. The best thing of all, you will meet the nicest people...you couldn't ask for anything better.

;) RR

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Welcome aboard Doug. Come on over to the Louisiana Bayou Hunt and join the fun. Who knows, we may even start up a Louisiana Club, Louisiana Dirt Fishers. We could have some group hunts, like the Round Rock, Texas club. I would like to try your DFX out, as Tensas is thinking about buying one. I use an Explorer II and a Garrett 2500 with a Treasure Hound. Tensas has a Tejon but his first detector was a White.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread