New Metal Detector Design Requirement Wish List

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around October - November time line I will be seriously looking at several BRAND NEW designs for a new detector that I will design and bring to market. I am looking for any input as to requirements, a wish list. Please only reasonable requests / ideas if you don't mind. I am doing this for YOU as my prospecting parameters are already met bar a few bells and whistles in the new designs. There will be at least 2 -3 designs based on similar technology but I want to make the main design with YOUR input in mind.

You can see my post about patent concerns here http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/tech-talk/533504-enough-single-frequency-vlf-machines.html although this is just a reply to another member and does not go into great detail concerning my understanding of patents and the ability to work around same.

As long as your wish is reasonable then no request will be considered stupid. All requests will be documented and considered.

Fire at will.....

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK - setting aside a considerable amount of project startup money and planning documents underway - I will need field testers if anyone is interested, will be picking (if anyone shows interest) by hunter type - Gold, Relics, Coins by metal, to start. NDA's with my Corp required from the get go, field testers will be handsomely compensated and of course the opportunity for employment does too.

Depending on what is spelled out in the contract, I'd be willing to do some testing also. I have 49+ years of detecting experience in most aspects of the hobby.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I miss people willing to think out of the frame.
Here's the warning: the VLF is an old cow that is going to be milked dry as long as it lasts, there is a whole new technology in the locker. This tech reached its peek, can you offer a VLF that will be significantly better or you will end up with another VLF in highly competitive market, shadowed by Chinese dumping copies... and do not be mistaken a tx850 doesn't just look as G2, it also performs as one. I pearsonly do not belive there is much room for another VLF, but don't take my word for it.

Do some research on "humanitarian demining tools develpement" (or was it part of DARPA) some 10 yeares ago, when bunch of EU and US labs and universities start developing visualization algoritms and AI target recognitions. If you trust me with your e-mail in PM i might send you few PhD and Master thesis that might keep you awake tonight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not ready yet to reveal the technologies that will be used - MUST file the patent paperwork 1st - in progress. Will glad to look at the papers you speak - my email will be in your inbox shortly. I design and manufacture phased array systems for a wide variety of disciplines so I am very much UP on newest technologies, that said: one paragraph sometimes can provide vast insight into something you already know but never heard quite that way.

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For all that have shown interest in field testing or to apply for full time employment please PM full legal name and address so I can send you the Non Disclosure Agreement

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am actually in tune with what you are saying, have been for a very long time. You'd be amazed at what you can extract from radio signals if they are applied in a way that the return signals have all the information you need for just about any application, it is what you do with the information (complex data) that makes the difference as long as the original transmission is designed to ALLOW further processing of said return data, to reconstruct your objective.

There is much more to what I am actually doing here though. I want to give back to people like you - I want my machine to do what YOU want it to do. It is not about money, though I expect to make some. I only need patents and NDA's to prevent others from stealing the ideas to profit from and overcharge you, my audience is YOU. I lived a long,exciting and lucrative life. Because of recent health issues my time here COULD be reduced by far more than I expected.

I don't want to exit stage left without giving back the exhaustive knowledge and experience I have stuck in my head. And I want to give it back to you, the people with the same passions I have and the same quests that require energy, exploration, thinking and determination!

I have a few good machines in my mind with the underlying technology already tested. I've set aside all the resources needed to accomplish the task, I hope to see a bunch of happy people when this is done! :)

I've observed some on this forum that remind me of myself when I was 45 years younger and hope to see those people step up to the plate and be part of this.

So basically - just having FUN and finishing up on an old idea. :)

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am deeply sorry to hear about your health condition, do not want to patrify you, but just want you to know miracles are rare, but they do happen. My health have been serving me wery well so fare, non the less, due to other reasones, my life has been saved by pure luck in several occasions.

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I am hopeful so it's not like I sit around depressed. Working like it's gone and according to doc that could happen! :)

FWest

Jun 27, 2017
Detector(s) used
EQ 600, ORX, TDI SL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Although my experience is not anywhere near some of the folks here I would really enjoy the opportunity to participate at any level.
I am in the North East USA and have many old (for the US) sites and also close to the salt water beaches.
Ergonomics, modular, repairable, ability to update on different platforms, wide temperature operating range, rechargeable are important features in my opinion. If vdi is used fair sized display is nice as our eyes don't improve over time. Also the audio of some of the units available now are tough to listen to. Ease of use seems to be the way the market is headed as well.

I do have some ideas that I would be happy to share if you have the need for another volunteer.

Thanks, FWest

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Open to all ideas Fwest - if serious about field testing please PM me your full legal name and address and I will send you and NDA, sending a bunch out this weekend.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About when do you expect to have units in hand to test. We will freeze up hard here in January and be that way till early March.

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually next March is about right - at the moment, things could change we'll see!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
March is prime digging season, when the brush is all dead and the bugs and snakes aren't out yet! We hit it hard and for keeps in March.

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully I can have a machine in your skilled hands about then :)

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All that PM'd for the NDA and any new that do, I was invited to a crab out with family so running late on the NDA's - have to fill out your names and address in the document.

Definitely by tomorrow but may start tonight, we have like 8 now and with a broad spectrum of user types which is perfect! Thanks!

Also, after the NDA's are done (signed, returned and filed) the fun begins!

PS: All field testers get paid no if and's or but's....appreciate the thought but you will be asked to work so get paid!

For now, if you've asked for an NDA - I want you to (between nor and next March) take a dime and a penny and about 5 or 6 pull tabs for each and bury one of each in 2 spots of each area consider prime territory in a place that other searchers will not even check, (but soil is same!) each one gets buried with 5 or 6 pull tabs. - need them to sit for those months to settle in, oxidize, leach etc.......thanks!

Edited because I forgot to add a nail to the list, also with tabs....

Last edited:

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will your product offer a target image or it will be more VDI/depth/size thing?

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Until I have the NDA's and the patents "filed" I can't release any information about the "idea" which could cause another entity to try and make a claim, after the NDA is signed and filed those that are selected will be privy to some information but for aforementioned reasons it MUST be kept between valid and accepted NDA holders.

There are cutthroats out there and what we write here can be found in a simple google search. I don't want anyone to ruin OUR chance to make a great machine at a very affordable price, hope that's understandable!

Technomage

Sep 30, 2019
Chatham
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw someone mention GPS, most of us have a smartphone with built in GPS, so why spend money on incorporating it into the machine when you could use an app.
I imagine Bluetooth will be built in for headphones, so use that to send the details of the target to the app. That would enable a user to sweep an area when they either have very little time or there are people around who you rather not see what you find. The app could then bring the user back to the location at a better time to investigate the target, without the time wasted sweeping between targets (i.e. not doing it twice.)

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPS will be involved but how is not set in stone yet. Phone apps at this point in time are not safe insofar as "secrecy" is concerned, Also we have come a long way in technology. You can actually get an entire FMCW 24 GHz radar system on a single IC chip! That said, it is something to be considered despite lack of privacy (google watching everything you do) because there are as you mention, real estate management, dancing around existing patents etc.

Thanks, your idea, like the others so far are on the list.

PS: Have 3 out of six signed and returned NDA's (miscounted 8 earlier) - will soon be setting up a private conference / information system for those actively working on the project, which reminds me, we need a name for the 1st line of machine(s).

Jacza

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for a multifrequency detector like the equinox, but where you can either see the target id of every frequency separately or where you can program the final target id (and tone) from the different frequency target ids (like average, min, max, and so on).

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is GPS and GPS. The one of interest would be high resolution version, but i believe it is available under subscription fee only.

I need to map microlocation ofently - or the location of the grid i use on the ground. For now, the geological compass does most of the job, but it's old fashioned and cumbersom, takes a lot of time. I was thinkin about a pair or radio or ultrasound beakons as simple and chip solution, but never actually took the time to build such sistem.

Privacy, unfortunately, is only a virtual term nowdays. Since the invention of transistor, anybody can be spied upon at any time. The game changer was the ability to spy on everybody all the time, and process all the data. Ask yourselfe who's money is powering those milions of computers of the "gigants". Is it really profitable to run and maintain milions of computer clusters around the world and not really selling anything? Or perhaps, they are selling something...... worth it.-

Name? The UnderVisor X666.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions