new metal detector

detecteur84

Dec 7, 2010
hello,
sorry for my bad english but I am french.
does anyone know this, it seems to be a new metal detector not yet on the market from USA or UK :
http://www.detecteur-de-metaux.com/forum/pulse-devil-t413.html
it seems to be a new pi with iron discrimination. i could be interested but I can not find informations on this "nemesis metal detector"
thank you for your answer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
this is basically a brand new gold unit. at this time I don't believe anyone has done any tests in the US, that have been printed. give it 6 months and you find something

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave brought the Nemesis over to the U.K. twice this year.
Excellent full range discrimination. Good battery consumption. Light in weight.

Works really well on small hammered so would be ideal in France.
Bad news is he's going to do several modifications before production starts some for comfort, others to keep the price down so when it will arrive who knows ?

Picture of the detector at my home. Its really neat and light. Not as stylish as the Adonis but this one works !

Attachments

• P7170426.JPG
    P7170426.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 1,191

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone has already bought this machine, where did they get it ?
No website info, what company makes it, or from where it will be sold ?

This looks very interesting for a good beach / Gold machine for salt water...
Pulse Induction with Discrim?
lightweight ?
I want to follow this thread...

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one has bought the detector as Dave working as a one man band developed the design and has had to finance everything at each stage himself.

The original design looked like a Whites but with two meters. A later version was chest/hipmount but you had to click through menu's which is not ideal and if you hope to sell worldwide you then get involved with having to have various language options. The latest version returns to a conventional design style which I really like as you can take in all the settings at a glance.
Picture shows the control box panel major controls.

Attachments

• P7170428.JPG
    P7170428.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 2,126
  • P7170428.JPG
    P7170428.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 949

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
You can go back several years and see an incredible number posts on this forum(quite a few by myself) about Dave's Pulse Devil or Nemesis. I have lost track of the number of times it was supposed to be introduced. Because of this a lot of people have written this off as they don't think that Dave will ever let his baby go. At one time I had a pre-order made to a dealer who Dave contacted to sell them. After 2 years of waiting the dealer and myself finally gave up. So don't hold your breathe until it is released.
Dave is one Hell of an engineer but selling and marketing is certainly not his strong point.
I imagine by the time Dave starts to sell his machine, his competition will have already introduced
discriminating PIs to the marketplace a long time ago.

George

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Manufacturers and designers have introduced seven or eight discriminating pulse machines over twenty years (and I'm excluding the likes of the Whites TDI) but each has had a major drawback.

Most designs of coin hunting P.I.'s, whatever manufacturers label is stuck on the control box, still originate from one person, Eric Foster. None of his discriminators have ever offered full range discrimination. I can't see things changing in the future. Its a little different on the hoard hunter front as there's loads with ferrous discrimination being produced in Germany, Bulgaria and Poland. Drawback with those designs are that larger ferrous can be ignored but not the tiny bits that infest most farm sites.

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bakergeol said:
You can go back several years and see an incredible number posts on this forum(quite a few by myself) about Dave's Pulse Devil or Nemesis. I have lost track of the number of times it was supposed to be introduced. Because of this a lot of people have written this off as they don't think that Dave will ever let his baby go. At one time I had a pre-order made to a dealer who Dave contacted to sell them. After 2 years of waiting the dealer and myself finally gave up. So don't hold your breathe until it is released.
Dave is one Hell of an engineer but selling and marketing is certainly not his strong point.
I imagine by the time Dave starts to sell his machine, his competition will have already introduced
discriminating PIs to the marketplace a long time ago.

George
Yes, after I first posted this, I went back and did some searching and realized that this is probably
a pipe dream, I saw many times going back more than 5 years
when it was going to be "Released" and repeatedly was "Late out" and a no show.
Maybe just a big head game, because if it was so great I am sure it could have found support somewhere in the treasure hunting world.

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
detecteur84 said:
hello,
sorry for my bad english but I am french.
does anyone know this, it seems to be a new metal detector not yet on the market from USA or UK :
http://www.detecteur-de-metaux.com/forum/forum13/topic413.html
it seems to be a new pi with iron discrimination. i could be interested but I can not find informations on this "nemesis metal detector"
thank you for your answer.

Looks like there are a lot of posts on that forum about that detector.
However they seem to be in French ... I dont read French.
Since you are French I assume you could read them and then post there asking the same question.
I dont think they are being sold in the USA yet.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They arn't being sold in the U.S. or anywhere yet as he only built the prototypes as I said in my earlier post. If it doesn't exist or work why would he demonstrate it in the U.K. at one of the major (1000+ detectorists) rallies of the year ?

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.K. Brian said:
They arn't being sold in the U.S. or anywhere yet as he only built the prototypes as I said in my earlier post. If it doesn't exist or work why would he demonstrate it in the U.K. at one of the major (1000+ detectorists) rallies of the year ?

Well I was looking at posts of this from 2004 - 2005 that said he was about to ship out the 1st
production models at that time...
Maybe it exists but there is only 1 machine in the world right now...
5 years seems a long time to wait to see some type of production isn't it ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Proto Types may exist, but none that can be bought. Posts about it date back to 2004, over 6 years old, so kind of hard for the average hunter to expect to ever see it in production and available to the public any time soon.

I wish him the best, but most of us are interested in what is coming out in 2011, not maybe in 5 years......

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TORRERO said:
U.K. Brian said:

Well I was looking at posts of this from 2004 - 2005 that said he was about to ship out the 1st
production models at that time...
Maybe it exists but there is only 1 machine in the world right now...
5 years seems a long time to wait to see some type of production isn't it ?

5 years? It's been at least 12 years since Dave first posted about the Pulse Devil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread