New miller table

Quention

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me start by saying I'm brand new to this and as of yesterday morning I had no tools to with other than a make shift pan. So to make a short story long, my son (13) and I decided to crush some quartz bearing rock down and see if we could find anything. After sifting the material down with a kitchen sifter then trampoline material we broke out a camp fire type frying pan to give it a go. We got down to good black sand and yes a few little flakes of pyrite. Being educated by the University of YouTube I then gave the pan a few side taps and found some color. Mind you this material is fine as frog hair split 3 ways. Not to mention my eyes are not what they were 20 years ago, but there it was!

So the next step. How to get this "color" out of the black sand? Back to YouTube we go, then a web search and found this place "nice place. Thanks for having me." Just can't see putting the money out for the blue bowl at this time. So we decided to build a miller table. Working in the countertop business I happened to have a everything we needed with the exception of the pump. A quick trip to home depot fixed that.

What do you think?

image-1695542926.jpg

First run at 2 am this morning. We let it dry and got a few hours sleep.
This is what I brushed up this morning.

image-706959440.jpg

Still need to make a few adjustments.

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like your table is working well. That's not gold (at least mostly not) but likely some other heavy such as a tin based mineral.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread