Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rumors are not rumors any more! I know this made it to the gold hunting forum, thought I'd share it here. At this point I know nothing more than whats in this teaser ad.

Anyhow, as a GPX 5000 relic hunter I'm really curious to see how well it does in the relic fields! :)

GPZ 7000 Launch Ad.jpg

Nice! Although fine print says water proof to 1M - 3ft :icon_scratch: come on

Last edited:
I'm not so sure anyone would take this diving.... :dontknow:

And in the rain it would be fine. :)

I sure wish my GPX was weatherproof somedays!

I wonder when the next e-trac modification will be introduced. I believe it has been around for six years.

That's just bad to the bone! A CTX and GPX had a baby! I saw Steve talking about wanting this on another forum.

Fletch you know where I want to try one!!! :)

They haven't given us a date just yet.... the only details released are what you see above. Hopefully soon - I want to try one in a relic patch! :)

Am I correct in assuming that it's a PI detector? Any price estimate yet? What size coil is that and will it find small, rice grain size gold too?

Cudamark - all of the details aren't yet released, even to the dealers. Hopefully real soon, though!

Love seeing new models! Far too rare in the Metal Detector industry :)

gpz7000logo.jpg

SNEAK PEEK MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON! Please note price not currently available.
Minelab GPZ 7000 Metal Detector
NEW GOLD TECHNOLOGY - UP TO 40% DEEPER*
*When compared to the average performance of the GPX 5000 in testing environments. Actual performance depends on prevailing conditions

• Extreme Gold Depth
  • Maximum Gold Sensitivity
  • Precision Ground Balance
  • Enhanced Noise Immunity
  • Simple Menu System
  • Wireless Audio Freedom
  • GPS Locating and PC Mapping
  • Weatherproof Detecting (GPZ 14 coil fully waterproof to 1m)

2aaax61.jpg

Attachments

• gpz7000.jpg
    gpz7000.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Looks like it going to be another gold machine. Interesting that it's kind of in the design of the CTX but isn't waterproof. I wonder what the reason was for that? I haven't heard of that new ZVT technology either, or how it compares with VLF or PI.

Looks like it going to be another gold machine. Interesting that it's kind of in the design of the CTX but isn't waterproof. I wonder what the reason was for that? I haven't heard of that new ZVT technology either, or how it compares with VLF or PI.

From what I have read on it, ZVT seems to be about more efficient frequency switching. I could be missing a larger component of it, but so far nobody has ever used this technology in a metal detector before.

Got a little thread down in the gold forum if your interested :) Anyrate looks that Miners Den is taking reservations now and has a few more close up pics. As to the tech if the patent I read is any indicator its not about frequency shifting so much as a new technique on ground canceling. The coil itself appears to be 3 coils in one with two transmitters and one receiver. Going to be pricy whatever the result but that's minelab for ya.

I just returned from the Minelab Conference and can say is exciting days are ahead for Minelab fans and for metal detecting in general! :)

Last edited:
I just returned from the Minelab conference and was able to see and handle one in person! But of course I signed a non-disclosure agreement and can't say much just yet.

What I can say is exciting days are ahead for Minelab fans and for metal detecting in general! :)

So I wouldn't imagine one being "accidentally" left at a relic site by a Minelab executive? :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back