New Minelab on the way

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new Excal II. Now more rings are going to be missing from the beaches. :headbang:

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You've had it for a few days now, are you bonding with your new detector?
Congrats, I'm saving for an Xterra 705. Meanwhile I will live vicariously through you!

Born Free

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Born Free said:
You've had it for a few days now, are you bonding with your new detector?
Congrats, I'm saving for an Xterra 705. Meanwhile I will live vicariously through you!

Born Free
I did get it Friday afternoon, but my excitement was definitely muffled. I live in SE Ok, and thursday night a very destructive tornado came thru my old home town. The road I lived on had 8 houses. All eight which included my moms(the house I grew up in), my brothers, and my nephews. Were destoyed by a 3 vortex tornado. My mom's and brothers lost their roofs, my nephews was picked up and set down back on the foundation. Out of the 60-70+ trees on my mom's ten acres all but 8 or 9 were untouched the rest were uprooted or split into splinters. One in particular was a huge 400+ year old red oak that was uprooted. Fortunately, my mother wasn't home but my brother had went to check on her and had parked in her carport to avoid the hail. It was only 10 steps from the house. When it hit, he watched the tornado take pieces of her roof before it finally lifted it completely off. The angels were definitely watching cause there is a huge oak in her back yard, if it had fallen, it would have crushed the carport with him and his family in the car. We were very fortunate that night, but really haven't felt like swinging a detector since then. I haven't even put it together yet. There were other close friends that lived on the road and some lost everything. Its hard to think about 22 seconds of wind could destroy so much. Thanks everyone for the help in the detector, I will eventually get to cleaning up the local lake...

Attachments

• IMG00286-20110416-1654.jpg
    IMG00286-20110416-1654.jpg
    599.9 KB · Views: 332

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
There you go. Now you don't have to struggle digging under all those roots! lol.

Ok sorry, i shouldn't joke. Glad you and your family and friends made it through safely. :icon_thumright:

windage

Apr 3, 2011
Mason-Dixon Line
Detector(s) used
eyes, ears, wet finger in the wind and old willow sticks, when that don't work; Minelabs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Cow, what a story! And what a huge Oak! Hope you can get back to swinging that coil soon, always seems to take my mind off things.
Good luck with the repairs.

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is amazing what wind can do. So sorry for all the loss. My old neighborhood was in the path of hurrican andrew. Andrew spun off thousands of tornados. Turning steel structures into tangled knots. Makes you re-assess your priorites. Mother nature can be humbling.

I got my 705 a few days ago and the learning curve is the pitts but I'm workin on it. You'll be able to get back into it soon.

Born Free

budrow

Feb 15, 2010
Gone hunting I'm glad your Brother and family are alright and you also. That must of been one heck of a twister to take that big oak down. I cant imagine what that must of sounded like. I too have a new xterra 705 and there are alot of adjustments on it being new and all, its kind of tuff for me as I have a explorer se pro and being use to its no ground balancing and easy noise cancel had spoiled me good. I ordered the 705 because up here in Michigan we have hot rocks in the low lying areas that I cant get the se to calm down without turning the sensitivity down to nothing or canceling the hot rocks out so I know I have to go a different route in order to go at it. I believe the 705 can do it. I'll keep plugging away at it and if I happen to run accross a good program for it Ill be sure to let you know the set up. Best of luck to you, Budrow.

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
budrow said:
Gone hunting I'm glad your Brother and family are alright and you also. That must of been one heck of a twister to take that big oak down. I cant imagine what that must of sounded like. I too have a new xterra 705 and there are alot of adjustments on it being new and all, its kind of tuff for me as I have a explorer se pro and being use to its no ground balancing and easy noise cancel had spoiled me good. I ordered the 705 because up here in Michigan we have hot rocks in the low lying areas that I cant get the se to calm down without turning the sensitivity down to nothing or canceling the hot rocks out so I know I have to go a different route in order to go at it. I believe the 705 can do it. I'll keep plugging away at it and if I happen to run accross a good program for it Ill be sure to let you know the set up. Best of luck to you, Budrow.
thanks. I hope you get your machine down. I had a X70 for 3 yrs and enjoyed it. I have been going out with Etrac and doing good. Found several silver coins and a gold ring. Today wnet for 2 hours found a silver rosy and 4 wheats. Ready to go back.... Thanks everyone for the condolences. GH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread