New national monument in central Sierra California Yosemite to kings canyon

T

Tuolumne

Campaign underway to turn Sierra National Forest into national monument | Fresno Bee

Seems like another monument will go up

Says there are over 200 claims that no one is working and they will not be closed, then it says it will outlaw commercial mining!

"Wulff supports allowing the existing 283 mining claims to remain, which are each about 20 acres in size. Most are for gold panning. Gould says there is no active work happening on these claims.

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article96900372.html#storylink=cpy

Amra, PLP, and the others are late to the party again. Heck that's Amras backyard you would think they would care or have a ear to the ground....

Lend me a buck and I will keep your rights to mine! What a joke

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Tuolumne

image.jpg

bigAUdog

Greenie
Aug 22, 2016
Detector(s) used
ML GPZ 7000; Gold Hog Highbanker; Keene 5 Inch Dredge; And much much more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It just never stops! Who in the heck does (Woddurf?) think she is...beside another enviro-wacko? I will be sending all of our congressional members of Cali a nice little note of my utter disappointment for this proposed nonsense! I know it will fall on deaf ears, but what the heck - I'm trying....

OP
OP
T

Tuolumne

How come this one lady can get a monument and our Amra PLP (enter any gold club) can't do anything good or even post on thier web pages? Good job mining the miners though, that's all they can do well

This lady has it out for logging and miners
Fact #6: A monument designation allows for a wide variety of recreational uses – including mountain bicycling, horseback riding, camping, bird-watching, 4wheeling, fishing, climbing, hiking and hunting.
Miners and loggers say that the monument will prevent people from enjoying the outdoors, as they always have, but this myth is promoted because they want to retain the right to destroy public land for their personal profit. In truth, the monument will make recreation a priority, which means we will have more chances to enjoy the beauty of the natural world, and it will be abundant with wildlife.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So long as our metals, minerals, and petrol keep coming from over seas, envir- extremists will think nothing of closing all our public lands to mineral entry. Sooner or later China will put the screws to us and lets see what these aloof greenies think about paying $2000.00 for a cell phone, $100 for a coffee pot and $8.00/gal for gas.

OP
OP
T

Tuolumne

Can't read link.... Fighting on Facebook huh?

who is we? great way to get the word out to the mining community!

Is "we" making any headway? What's the plan? Is it a secret? Do I need to look up another 990 or is a real advocacy group organizing this fight?

Has anyone seen a post on tnet about this? Maybe I missed it

m sure majority of claim owners dont use facebook, i dont use that glorified advertisment site either....That's the least they can do huh? One lady gets mass donations and we can't even match that with all our so call advocacy groups combined....., maybe they hope all the "likes" will have some leverage...... Where is the arma or PLP Facebook page dedicated to this issue? Now that dredging is done, this is thier next "money maker" to use to get donations......better late than never to mine the miner on another lost cause!

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
We are those who live in the Sierras, and have been fighting this for over a year, your criticism is over a year late, this is old news. Ruff, ruff.

OP
OP
T

Tuolumne

Old news? Did you give up? That article is pretty new, like a few days old.

Hey oak, news uodate- Your losing, that news is a year old too lol

But keep up the good work oak, You've done great with Amra on everything else!

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not a AMRA member, just cause you just heard about it, does not make it new. It appears you are much better at criticizing action, than actually doing ANYTHING. August 2015

OP
OP
T

Tuolumne

Well thanks for finally sharing! Is this not important enough to talk about or do I need clearance from non Amra oak to rebump past news? Or did everyone give up already?

Why isn't Amra aware if this. If u listen to Shannon Poe last night he said he just heard about it!!!

Instead of talking about the Sierra monument he talked about Papua!!!

What a joke , two hours from the biggest advocacy group and he didn't have anything to say

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought you were just a F'N Moron, you are so much more. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread