NEW ON THE BOARDS + MONDAY-TUESDAY RESULTS W/ PICS

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY ALL! :hello:
new hunter here! johnny from new york, nice to meet u all..
i've been :lurk: the boards and reading messages on here for about a month or so but this is my first post.. just wanted to say, you guys are awesome!! i learned a lot from your posts, a lot of info to find here, inspiration and encouragement! thank you!

so.. after getting loose halves/single rolls and other rolls, i ordered, for the first time, a box of halves and a box of pennies last week. they came monday morning and i went to pick em up, along with $20 in nickles and $100 in dimes. lots of work here!

IMG_0126.jpg

luckily i was off work today cause of this crazy snow blizzard here and couldn't get out anyway so i sat down and finished it all. here's what i got

HALVES:

3 franklins!! 49', 50', 62-D
2X 40%ers - 1968x2
1x NIFC 2004-D

DIMES:

1X 1946, 1X 1951

DSC03231.jpg

DSC03242.jpg

DSC03255.jpg

NICKLES:

NO SILVER. i found 3 pre-1960 jeff's.

PENNIES:

LOTS OF WHEATS. 37 wheats, most in the 40's, 50's though. 1 1912, 1 1926. also 2 canadians (top right in pic), 1 1942 and 1 1967 (the 1967 is cool. when i saw it i thought for a second it was a flying eagle lol :dontknow:)
about 20% copper

DSC03252.jpg

also found 1 1999 in AU+/MS that was broadstruck.

DSC03254.jpg

next box will be here thursday, wish me luck!!

have a great week and HH!

Johnny

Upvote 0
Welcome to the boards. :icon_thumleft:

20% copper seems low for NYC. What borough are you in?

HH

Nick

CardsNCoins said:
Welcome to the boards. :icon_thumleft:

20% copper seems low for NYC. What borough are you in?

HH

Nick

hey nick.. THANKS!

I'm in Brooklyn. i just started, i'm thinkin of doing little road trips to upstate that'll maybe bring better scores. you're a new yorker too? let me know if you know of any good dumpin bank (besides TD) lol.. tellers giving me faces here letting me know they don't like it when people deposit rolls.

yonico said:
......you know of any good dumpin bank (besides TD)......

For me TD is my only dump spot for unwrapped coin, but if you're gonna wrap, open some accounts at other banks and bring in rolled halves for deposit 5 or 10 rolls at a time. Small deposits like that wont anger too many tellers. Just don't do that at banks/branches where you pick up your coins.

HH

Nick

Welcome aboard! Nice start. Question. Why do you think the 1999 is broadstruck? I don't see anything in the photo to show this.
HH
enamel7

Awesome box of halves! great condition franklins too! Great amount of wheats in the box of cents, and you did pretty well on the dimes too! little low on the nickels averages, but im sure it was just a weird box, and the next boxes will be better, so keep up your hope on nickels!
(PS a little bit of friendly advice to save you money: NIFC halves- i noticed you put it in a 2x2 card, and when i first started hunting, i bought maybe $150 in halves found 2, put them in 2x2's like you, then got more halves, and realized that i will go through wayyyy to many 2x2's if i put all my NIFC halves in them, so now i just roll them up and store them somewhere safe.....you will over time amass $100's of dollar face value in NIFC halves, so if you put them in 2x2's youll end up losing money...its your choice, and everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, but just trying to help out :))
keep it up and hh!

Welcome aboard, Yonico.
Should be a lot of half dollars in NYC. Don't see too many people here on the forum from your area so the pickings should be good for you. Plenty of banks up there as well. Remember, learn to take the good boxes with the "skunks" and enjoy the hobby. One word of advice for you.....always be courteous to the tellers in the banks. They will get to know you and accept your constant visits without any problems.
rileyboy

enamel7 said:
Welcome aboard! Nice start. Question. Why do you think the 1999 is broadstruck? I don't see anything in the photo to show this.
HH
enamel7

kind hard to tell without comparing it to another coin right next to it.
i'll try to take pics ofit nect to another coin when i;m done being lazy :laughing9:

CHAINCHOMP said:
Awesome box of halves! great condition franklins too! Great amount of wheats in the box of cents, and you did pretty well on the dimes too! little low on the nickels averages, but im sure it was just a weird box, and the next boxes will be better, so keep up your hope on nickels!
(PS a little bit of friendly advice to save you money: NIFC halves- i noticed you put it in a 2x2 card, and when i first started hunting, i bought maybe $150 in halves found 2, put them in 2x2's like you, then got more halves, and realized that i will go through wayyyy to many 2x2's if i put all my NIFC halves in them, so now i just roll them up and store them somewhere safe.....you will over time amass $100's of dollar face value in NIFC halves, so if you put them in 2x2's youll end up losing money...its your choice, and everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, but just trying to help out :))
keep it up and hh!

hey! thanks for the advice. you're probably right bout the 2x2's. guess i'm doing it cause i'm a collector for long time, i have a big collection (my main collection is silver dollars) - and i still can't see like WLH's being kept in a bag together with other coins an getting all the contact mars an stuff lol.. i have to get used to them being just junk silver. it'll take some time lol

looks like another one bites the dust your hooked i guess that it only takes one time when you see those bens its hard to stop nice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back