epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Just came from a meeting with my excavator friend, he had a group of bottles I already have in my collection, but I don't like to pick and choose because I think that may turn him off to future sales so I bought them all. The best of which is the ten pin Wm. S. Kinch with Paterson misspelled, it's soaking now, better pics when it's nice and photogenic. As I was waiting for him another one of the operators brought me out a nice Philip Pfannebecker Sr. stonie he had, turns out it's the only one known in a solid cream color with the "SR." debossing and B's on the shoulder, I think it's possibly his earliest variant, so I bought that as well.
I'm going to meet him again tomorrow to see a jug he has as well, keeping my fingers crossed that it's a good one...

Stoneware Pffanebecker cream 'B'.jpg

4029034005.JPG 4029034006.JPG

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great bottles. Definitely clean them up and show them off

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ten pin is awesome

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
Nice haul e-package. Are the black glass ales iron pontiled? The tooled collars are very interesting.

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice haul e-package. Are the black glass ales iron pontiled? The tooled collars are very interesting.
Neither is pontiled, usually when found around this area they often have a hops plant etched on them, a local bottler named Hinchliffe used them for his "B ale"....
Hinchliffe B Ales 001.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread