New permission. Mid 19th century silver, U.S. button, lots of relics.

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went to a new permission more to investigate than to hunt. Left the shovel in the car and only brought a Lesche digger. After not more than 15 minutes realized I might have struck something interesting as the old pottery pieces started to show up everywhere and the Deus went wild with iron signals. As the ground was hard as rock, went to get my trusted shovel and switched to Deus Fast. After only a couple of minutes pulled my first two coins - Victoria large cents from 1865 and 1876 (gave them to the farmer so no pic). For the next 5 hours was hunting this spot with some cool results. Most of the targets were of a very old junk type (copper roof top pieces, old nails) but I really prefer those types of grounds than the ''zero activity fields''

Got a few very nice crotal bells and one regular bell (just love finding them) most were complete which is unusual. Also a bunch of porcelain buttons and one made of glass.

Cloches.jpg

Towards the end of the day, got my 3rd coin. Queen Victoria Canada silver 5 cents 1858 (first year Canadian coins were minted).

5 cents.JPG 5Cents B.JPG

Than found a nice US button. I would guess an officers Civil War period. Never seen a similar one pretty heavy for a tiny button.

US button.JPG US button B.JPG

Had a really good time and super excited about those crotal bells. Here's a pic of my collection of bells found in the last 2 years, starting to look good.

View attachment Total bells.jpg

Thanks for the comments!

Upvote 18

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impressive bunch of finds. I love the old fishscales, nice job finding the earliest one possible!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice of you to share the booty with the farmer. You still made out quite well on those intact crotal bells. I love those bells. That old silver nickel is just sweet. Great hunt for sure and may you have many happy returns.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent hunt
That Fishy is awesome

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice of you to share the booty with the farmer. You still made out quite well on those intact crotal bells. I love those bells. That old silver nickel is just sweet. Great hunt for sure and may you have many happy returns.

Thank you! Same to you!

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Looks to be a good place to waste detecting time. :icon_thumright: I'm green with envy looking at all those complete crotal bells. Still missing one in the collection.

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats! Looks to be a good place to waste detecting time. :icon_thumright: I'm green with envy looking at all those complete crotal bells. Still missing one in the collection.

Thank you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread