DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a new place to go a few days ago, and have been waiting on some rain. It rained here most the afternoon yesterday nd the site is about twenty minutes away or so. Its funny how much it poured here and when I got to the site it seemed like it just barely got wet except in the low shady spots. Most places where the sun was shining seemed like a dust bowl, but was already there so I went ahead and gave it a shot. Didn't do too bad . Didn't see allot of chips and all the signs of a camp, So am thinking maybe it was to dry in most spots to see if the chips are there or not or maybe just a hunting ground? But at least now I know there was some activity there. My first find was the ovoid shaped blade. 008.JPG 011.JPG 011.JPG Then I spotted this heartbreaker 014.JPG 019.JPG ........Then another broke piece,this guy would have been a nice little point 021.JPG and the last find was this little exhausted quartz point 022.JPG 023.JPG . It is all there but very crude. Had a good hunt, now just praying for some rain. 030.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not a bad day. Def looks dry but at least a few were poking out. Great job with the pics! Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad day. Def looks dry but at least a few were poking out. Great job with the pics! Thanks for sharing.
thanks. yeah, was kind of disappointed when I got to the site, considering it down poured here at home and seemed like over there hardly got enough rain to knock the dust down. funny how the weather can be so different in such a short distance.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had rain for a week straight till today. Glad it finally stopped. Looks like that will be a good spot for you when it gets more rain. 1 nice triangle I see.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Waiting for rain here too. Hope more turn up for you!

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isnt that a perfect triangle? ...the one you're calling a heartbreaker? Or, are you calling it that because you were hoping it was going to be bigger and/or notched? Great finds!! Ive never come up with a good quartz point, quartzite yes, not not actual quartz... Thanks for poating!!

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had rain for a week straight till today. Glad it finally stopped. Looks like that will be a good spot for you when it gets more rain. 1 nice triangle I see.
Wishing the rain would start back up here, nothing new not getting rain when we really need it here. Thanks rock,I am hoping the place produces some more pieces in the future. Not sure if it is a broken piece or not now looking at you and PaDiggers comments. Took some more pics of the base where I believe it to be broken that I am gonna post. Hoping you guys can help me out.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Waiting for rain here too. Hope more turn up for you!
Thanks, Hope you get some rain soon down there. Good luck too you in your future hunts.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isnt that a perfect triangle? ...the one you're calling a heartbreaker? Or, are you calling it that because you were hoping it was going to be bigger and/or notched? Great finds!! Ive never come up with a good quartz point, quartzite yes, not not actual quartz... Thanks for poating!!
No, I wish I could find so many to be that picky, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread