New Person Metal Detecting

AnitaToke

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2013
Hey guys... Just got our metal detector in the mail yesterday, first one ever we were very excited, even if it is a cheap one gotta start somewhere. Took it out yesterday (Florida, Treasure Coast) very first find was a key,how exciting. Also found two earrings, a bracelet, bunch of change and a handful of junk including a billion bottle caps, guess we are cleaning the beach too :) Very excited to continue our treasure hunting.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
Sounds like a good start, enjoy.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!...Are people allowed to hunt treasure coast? or is it just some areas that are not allowed.

OH...and I totally dig your name :thumbsup:

OP
OP
AnitaToke

AnitaToke

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2013
I have no idea about what you're "allowed" to do on the treasure coast lol is that bad? I guess I should google that now.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
waving welcome.jpg

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net ......:hello:...

Definitely want to check about local rules & laws . Some good advice I've seen here is go to a detector shop close to the area you want to hunt . The dealer should be able to give you the best advice on when and where to hunt and what laws may exist . Good luck & HH .

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELCOME TO TNET :headbang:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea about what you're "allowed" to do on the treasure coast lol is that bad? I guess I should google that now.

Oh , I wasnt trying to be "That" guy. lol I just remembering people talking about a place on Treaure Coast they couldnt hunt...could be totally unrelated to your spot

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
AnitaToke

AnitaToke

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2013
It's all good Diggin-N-Dumps I appreciate the heads up didn't even think about that I was thinkin finders keepers lol. Thanks for all the welcomes and and info everyone. Totally appreciated.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good start Anita! What kind of detector did you get? And, I notice you said "we" who are you sharing the detector with?

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there, and welcome from N.Y. State!! But I just gotta ask, not being mean, but is that your real name? I mean it sounds just like what my pothead neighbor is always muttering!! Anyways, it sounds like you're doing well with your inexpensive machine, don't feel you need a better one, even the cheaper modern detectors are more advanced than what was available forty years ago and many great things were found back then! It seems you must have a good place to hunt and that is more important than your machine since no detector will find anything not below it's coil. Have a blast with your new hobby, its one of the few that can actually pay you back for having fun!!

EagleEyes

Jul 17, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from New Orleans! I'm new to the hobby myself. This is a great site to get tones of info from. Have fun.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
welcome! sounds like you did very well for your first time. The water is definitely off limits in that area. good luck!

OP
OP
AnitaToke

AnitaToke

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2013
Thanks for all the info guys...have not been able to go out again due to work but me and my boyfriend got plans for tomorrow couple hours before the sun sets. I did find out below the low tide break line is off limits but everything else says the beaches are fine so that's what I'm going with. Can't wait to get out there tomorrow see what else we can find. Thanks everybody happy hunting.

P.S. Anita not my real name ;)

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the info guys...have not been able to go out again due to work but me and my boyfriend got plans for tomorrow couple hours before the sun sets. I did find out below the low tide break line is off limits but everything else says the beaches are fine so that's what I'm going with. Can't wait to get out there tomorrow see what else we can find. Thanks everybody happy hunting.

P.S. Anita not my real name ;)

haha..I kinda figured that...either that or your parents had a very good since of humor..lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread