Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75 (for sale)
Fisher Gold Bug 2
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm real curious if this will sniff out small gold in crevices like the Falcon MD20. I'm happy with the carrot for now but watching for comparative tests.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used pinpointers where a regular metal detector won't get to very easily. Like along fences or where there is metal lawn edging.

ToastedWheatie

Jun 30, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Infinium
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It has 16 different frequency shifts you can cycle through. Hunted with the final version for 6 hours yesterday and had zero interference with my T2 Classic.

Fisher said back in Novemeber they expected late November/ early December release.
I purchased one for a Christmas present, and dealer said he hasn't heard of an updated release.
Thanks for the update that it apparently still isn't ready.
Time to get my money back.

It's a shame this is the only way I can get an update.
But I guess that's typical of Fisher....?

OP
OP
Rick K

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems typical of most metal detector introductions these days - companymsets a date then something occurs which makes the date impossible. In this case moving to a new facility and emptying the old one doesn’t help.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Manufacturers don't need an excuse. Pinpointer depth is limited by physics, not by the whims of marketing folks. A 1/2" coil will never get the depth of a 10" coil on common targets.

Well, next thing you know they will have exchangeable tips for the pinpointer. LOL

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher said back in Novemeber they expected late November/ early December release.
I purchased one for a Christmas present, and dealer said he hasn't heard of an updated release.
Thanks for the update that it apparently still isn't ready.
Time to get my money back.

It's a shame this is the only way I can get an update.
But I guess that's typical of Fisher....?

Released got pushed to mid-Jan for several reasons. There should have been updates on this from official FTP channels, if not I don't know why, and can only offer an apology.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm real curious if this will sniff out small gold in crevices like the Falcon MD20. I'm happy with the carrot for now but watching for comparative tests.

It can detect down to about 2 grains. The Falcon will still beat it in this application.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, all I need a pointer to do is locate the target after a plug is dug. If a coin is on the surface or a little deeper I know it by my machines tendencies. My garrett carrot seemed over powered at times and I ultimately notched it down to level 1 sensativity. I guess it's all opinion. The frequency shift is neat for sure.

the carrot is the best thing I’ve used. The fact it’s waterproof and I detect a lot in water..that’s all I need

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about this feature in a pinpointer... Have it turn on immediately when it's removed from the holster and immediately turn off when placed back into the holster. Should be easy to do by placing a magnet in the holster that triggers an internal magnetically activated reed switch in the pinpointer.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about this feature in a pinpointer... Have it turn on immediately when it's removed from the holster and immediately turn off when placed back into the holster. Should be easy to do by placing a magnet in the holster that triggers an internal magnetically activated reed switch in the pinpointer.

We talked about doing that on the TRX.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the idea of being able to plug in a four inch coil at the tip.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I love this idea but I doubt it's going to happen unless a small time innovator develops and offers it.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a website MD-Hunter that has a video showing depth for various targets.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a web page from a search "The Teknetics Tek-Point". Says the tuning is set to enhance gold items detection.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The HunterGT also has a 15 minute review video.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
January 22nd they will ship. So basically one more week. :occasion18:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please post by our rules, if you feel you can't post with out insulting or attacking someone don't post at all.

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait for the reviews,.. The Carrot has always been a favorite, color, sensitivity, water proof, ect... hard to beat..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread