Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, I got it from Bill's Detector Sales in Kentucky. He shipped it priority and packaged it very well. It has
a single knob control - adjusts sensitivity, Audio signal indicator AND vibration, 4-1/2" probe, and uses one 9 volt battery.

While playing around with it, I noticed that only the very tip (1/2 inch) of the probe will pick up a signal, if you rub a coin or ring up the probe, it will not sound off...I can already imagine how handy it will be.... ;D

Very nice piece of equipment, very sturdy and seems durable.

Mamanay

Oct 11, 2006
Hello. I am new to metal detecting and I am wondering what is a pinpointer? How is it used? Do most people who md have one? If you don't mind may I ask how much they cost? Sorry for all the questions.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Hey NS, I went through 2 Bullseyes in 3 months, finaly got the Teknetics on Ebay for around $60 & love it! The probe & body are one piece.......nice & strong! Been using it without a problem for 3 months. Only drawback Ive found is the butt piece that covers the battery falls off from time to time.........no biggie! Love the ability to adjust sensetivity as I go. I think you will like yours as I do mine! HH ;D

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Mamanay said:
Hello. I am new to metal detecting and I am wondering what is a pinpointer? How is it used? Do most people who md have one? If you don't mind may I ask how much they cost? Sorry for all the questions.

Hello- welcome to Tnet. You'll find as you get more time into detecting
the need to locate an object after the plug has been dug. small objects
in the removed dirt or along the plug walls are hard to see and find. A
pinpointer will help locating them. They range in price from about $60-
on up. Many brands- -all seem to work well.
good luck & HH

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I love the Bullseye that I won from the Treasurenet contest. Yesterday it was pouring rain and I was digging in pure mud. My gloves were soaked and muddy and kept having to take them off in order to sift through the mud for my target. Then I remembered I had the pinpointer in the truck (haha... only took me an hour to realize this) ....grabbed it and things got alot easier after that. I always take shower caps and breadsacks along for these rainy days. Slide the pinpointer in the breadsack and it wont get wet or muddy. Hmmmm....wonder if they make 5'10 bread sacks? :D

OP
OP
Night Stalker

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went down to the elementary school this afternoon and tried out my new pinpointer, well AP and Gypsy, you all are 100% right, I don't know how I've managed so long without one of these. Good and sturdy, the ground here was wet after a recent rainstorm, so when I picked up a target with my detector, I gouged the pinpointer straight into the ground like a probe until it sounded/vibrated, used a coin popper and plucked it right out!

I like it alot, I can already see how much time it will save in the field recovering targets and increase my speed in moving on to the next mystery hole.

To answer someones question: I paid $59.60 total, that included priority shipping.

No more plugs big a-around as a dinner plate...hehe ;D

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Full Time RVer based in TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this a good deal:
TEKNETICS BOUNTY HUNTER pinpoint metal detector for $46.50 (plus $6.95 s/h)?
Is this a good (decent for price) brand?

thanks

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Aussie Okie said:
Is this a good deal:
TEKNETICS BOUNTY HUNTER pinpoint metal detector for $46.50 (plus $6.95 s/h)?
Is this a good (decent for price) brand?

thanks

pretty good. i would do it. the technetics (bounty hunter) probe should work as advertised. personally i wouldnt buy a technetics or bounty hunter detector only because i dont really like them (although other people do like them), but i wouldnt hesitate buying a pinpointer from them though.

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Sorry guys, my wife likes smileys, and I'm willing to do anything to get her to start MDing.......... :-X :P ??? 8) :( :( ::) :-X :'( ??? :o :o :( >:( ;D :D :D ;) ;) :) :) :) ;) ;) :D ;D ??? ::) :-[ :-[ :P :-X :-* :-* :'( :-\ :-X >:( ;D :D ;) ;)

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, they are great! After 25 years, I just got one last year! WOW...How did I live without it!

allanw23

Dec 19, 2006
oklahoma city, ok
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro
Hey dave if you ever run into a guy by the name of Donnie Benson in Okinawa hunting on the beach tell him Allan from okc said hello. He will probally be using a fisher.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread