New point added to collection

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• 0519001452.jpg
    0519001452.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
If you found it in Oklahoma, it's not Madison. Fresno would be a more likely choice.

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neanderthal said:
If you found it in Oklahoma, it's not Madison. Fresno would be a more likely choice.
thats what i was wondering.... madison is known to be eastern... but i've seen madisons before, the thinness and the work on it looks familiar.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like those little points. They are wicked. Nice find and good luck when you return.

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TnMountains said:
I like those little points. They are wicked. Nice find and good luck when you return.
thanks its hard to get out anymore. I love metaldetecting so much that it takes up most of my time... and this guy too!

Attachments

• 20100419_278.jpg
    20100419_278.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 246
  • 20100419_278.jpg
    20100419_278.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 248

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Yes, Madison points are from further eastward (associated with Cahokia generally). Small triangular points like that are found distributed all around the country: Madison, Fresno, Shetley, Maud, Cottonwood triangular, Gunther triangular, yadda, yadda. Many of them are very late and some of the last "flint" arrow tips used by the aboriginals.

Great pic of your kid! Hopefully you'll be able to take him out soon and get his first one. I actually named my daughter Madison after the arrow head. It was the only point name that me and my wife could agree on. For some reason she didn't find Gary, Putnam or Buzzard appealing...women! Both of my kids found their first complete points at 4 years old. My daughter is 8 now, but here is a pic of her first arrowhead trip, and her first complete relic. LOL, my wife gave me what-for about the mud, but we sure had fun.

madison1.jpg

maddyr.jpg

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pic Matt, she is beautiful. Priceless pic.

Congrats on your "Fresno" Gonehuntin'

Molly.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree with molly.thanks for showing one of our greatest resources.
jamey

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neanderthal said:
I actually named my daughter Madison after the arrow head. It was the only point name that me and my wife could agree on. For some reason she didn't find Gary, Putnam or Buzzard appealing...women!
Well least you didnt name her clovis. truth be known I am a huge Godfather fan. So if anybody else is a fan they'll know where Hagen got his. Evan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread