New poster

Divedoc

Greenie
Dec 22, 2013
Key West
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Since this would be the threads I follow, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm an emergency medicine physician with about ten years experience.

I have formal training in EM as well as a fellowship at Penn in diving and hyperbaric medicine. I have certifications from UHMS as a diving medical examiner, a DAN preferred provider, and a NOAA certified diving medical officer.

I also have extensive experience as a dive doc and working diver, working with the Institute of Nautical Archaeology for three seasons in Turkey and Sri Lanka. This led to fellowship in The Explorers Club, as well as two flag expeditions.

Looking forward to participating!

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Since this would be the threads I follow, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm an emergency medicine physician with about ten years experience.

I have formal training in EM as well as a fellowship at Penn in diving and hyperbaric medicine. I have certifications from UHMS as a diving medical examiner, a DAN preferred provider, and a NOAA certified diving medical officer.

I also have extensive experience as a dive doc and working diver, working with the Institute of Nautical Archaeology for three seasons in Turkey and Sri Lanka. This led to fellowship in The Explorers Club, as well as two flag expeditions.

Looking forward to participating!

Welcome aboard Doc. Hope you can join us at the annual treasure hunters picnic next Spring. I think Chuck
( seeker41) is filling in for aquanut this year.

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello and welcome. Sounds as if you have lots of interesting experience to share....

Bonnie

riverdiver

Sep 27, 2011
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic5 ID
White's Surf Master II with the dive rod
Garrett Treasure Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Doc,

I look forward to your posts and knowledge, do you have any pics to share of your work in Turkey and Sri Lanka?

I dove in the Agean Sea @ Gumulder Turkey in 1987 when I was with the U.S. Navy and we had the privilege of diving on an ancient wreck with a round stone anchor and many amphorae type vessels filled with the ever inquisitive octopus.
To this day, those were some of my most memorable dives. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread