New proof metal detecting is pro environment!

kfetters

May 27, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Everybody,

I'm bringing this up due to regulations that restrict me from detecting in some of the best public areas of my state due to concern over the environment. I know, and assume as hunters you know, what a great help we are to the ground and environment in general. Here's some solid proof from my first 3 months of metal detecting.. Barring the trash I've gotten rid of. ;)
I recently went top to bottom metal detecting and digging in my backyard. Spending about a 4 to 6 weeks digging almost daily in a small area. During that time, I developed a relationship with 2 birds. They seemed to show up every time I started the machine. After a week or so, they waited around to be fed worms. I was happy to do so thought nothing of it. This evening, a month or so later, I noticed the same set of birds outside my window. Flying in and out of the tree. Sure enough, they have a nice nest built with 3 hatchlings almost ready to fly! Metal detecting helped support this family of birds. They were well fed while I was out digging and the babies look great. Can’t see too well in the vid but they are in the middle popping their heads up. Small victory maybe, but what a great find!! 3 healthy baby birds with the help of worms I dug!! My best find this week for sure!
So keep digging for mother nature :hello2:

metal detecting helps a family of birds - YouTube
Thanks for reading and tell us your positive impact on nature.
Kenny:hello:

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats great, I do believe that we are a positive for our environment, just by removing garbage and aerating the soil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread