rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the day after the Hurricane Michael I was on vacation my last day before I had to go back to work. I dropped a couple of sticks I had made to some property owners and then headed off to look around at some other properties I had been looking at all year long. I went by one and somebody was already there walking the field and most owners dont let but 1 person look so I drove on to the next. Owner was home but I didnt know them so I saw a guy on a 4 wheeler down the street and went and talked to him. He told me there name and said they were nice. Good info to have before you knock on somebodies door. I turned around to go ask and they were pulling out so I missed my chance but I did give a big smile and wave. I turned around again and drove to another near a creek. There was 3 homes scattered and I picked the one home that looked older than the others thinking it was the main owner. I pulled halfway up the driveway and parked. You never want to pull to far up to the front door cause it invades their privacy. So I got out and walked the rest and low and behold here comes a big PittBull running at me and if you have ever been attacked by a dog the worst thing you can do is turn and run. So I stood still and let it come dont move by the way. It smelled my leg and I let it hoping it wouldnt bite. It then looked up at me and wagged its tail. Whew I was thinking so I lowered my hand slowly and got a lick on my hand then we were friends after that. I went to where I thought was the front door but nobody came. So I saw a TV on and knew there must be someone home. I went around to the garage and saw a doorbell. That isnt always the best place to greet somebody you dont know by the way but I had already got that far. I rang it and a nice elderly lady came to the door and I began to get straight to the point as to why I was there cause it was getting near lunch time. I gave her some names of people I knew in the area and hit one she knew. I then talked to her for a while and as it got to be friendly I popped the question. I got a yes but at the same time she told me of another property that I might be able to look on that wasnt hers. I told her Id like to look here instead and she said well I dont think there is any here and I said I dont mind wasting my time. She said okay then I got a lay of the land as to her property. I saw a big creek in the distance but didnt ask about it cause it was flooded and so far away. I walked to the back of her home to a hill and found some debitage 5 mins into looking. The field was mostly quartz cobbles but didnt find 1 piece made from quartz. Everything was flint and probably from the creek. I saw some cooked cobbles but nothing altered on them. If you walk and see gray cobbles they are cooked flint just so you know. I walked about 3 hours and was thinking I should of ate that morning cause it was hot but did carry 1 Gatorade. This was what I found nothing was in one spot so I have to go back and look again. As I returned I showed the owner what I had found and she told me to keep it all and says you can come back anytime you like. Her dog followed me every place on my journey. She also told me she owns the creek to both sides. I promised her a gift for letting me look and have to return to give it to her that always seals the deal. Going back soon, rock

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my finds scrapers and my 1st winged drill even though the wings have been clipped and it has a tip ding. I just have to find the good area I believe its a Kirk drill so this spot is archaic but further down to the creek should be different. Around here most of the high ground is older than the lower sections must of been a lot of water 7000 years ago in my area.
The last one is made off a big flake and is probably a backed knife found it in another spot but recent, rock

Attachments

• SDC13323.JPG
    SDC13323.JPG
    836.2 KB · Views: 68
  • SDC13329.JPG
    SDC13329.JPG
    696.1 KB · Views: 59
  • SDC13325.JPG
    SDC13325.JPG
    658.6 KB · Views: 66

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds looks like it will be a good spot , I haven’t been out in months we just got a few inches of rain hopefully when flooding goes down I can make it out

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a real promising place to hunt and bet it was fun having her little pittie hunt with you, they are my favorite dogs. Your finds are awesome and the first one is really awesome! Hope you find many more!

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some very high quality flint. Do you know the source? Gary

Thanks Im in the Flint Ridge capitol I do believe. Ridge and Valley chert. It comes in all colors and quality the creeks have the cobbles but some are small so the artifacts are small. Once in a while I find a big cobble but not often. Going back soon cant wait to look in the lower section closer to the creek have to take the gift of choice to the owner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread