New Pyramid Pro Pan Video on You Tube

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We have released a new Pyramid Pro Pan video that details its features against the competition. Here are some video highlights:

Its stainless steel riffles quickly and thoroughly cut through any material including hard pack, caliche, clay and mud. It is the only pan on the market that can properly clean these materials and separate the gold. High flow materials like sand and silt are also no problem due to the Pyramid Pro Pan’s solid body construction. There are no openings in the body that can prematurely eject your pay material and lose gold.

The Pyramid Pro Pan is used streamside while sitting on a rock, chair or 5 gallon bucket – no need to stand in the middle of the stream and make back and forth trips back to the waters edge to empty concentrates or add more material. You also do not need to bend over at the waist while using this pan - Back strain caused by this panning position is eliminated. The handles are ergonomically shaped and elevated above the pan. This allows you to sit in a more upright position and keeps your hands out of the cold water.

The Pyramid Pro Pan’s HDPE plastic body is shaped to force the material down to the center of the pan and features a pre-mix chamber that concentrates and drives the gold into the trap. Once the material is in the pan the gold can’t get out. All the edges of the pan are rounded which eliminates the need to sand your pan edges so you don’t cut yourself.

The body also displaces water even when full, making the pan feel lighter. You can easily move the pan using only your fingertips - No need to forcibly grip the pan when working material. You do not need to clean the pan after every bucket – you can process material all day with only one or two cleanouts.

The Pyramid Pro pan has been used for nearly a decade on six continents and is guaranteed for life. If there is an issue we will either repair or replace your pan.

A quick note: We decided to run the material without adding gold – The point of the video was to highlight its features and capabilities by running some of the most difficult material miners encounter in the field. Adding two or three grams of gold in a half bucket of dirt would be an obvious distraction.

Comments here on Treasurenet or on our video are appreciated.

Upvote 0

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
Good video but you put way too much effort into knocking your competition. The Pyramid (tm) is a good product but, in my opinion, you should promote it on its own merits rather than comparing it to other products. No one pan or recovery device is ideal for all conditions. Have used one and it does work but that plug in the bottom is a pain. I would rather see a redesign without the plug that would clean out by tipping the whole unit. The scrubber bars are a good idea for breaking up material which is not already loose when putting it in the pan.

Last edited:

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
This video was obviously done to put down the competition. Can it be that Doc’s HogPan (tm) and FlowPan (tm) are getting too popular for comfort? I am happy to see that Doc takes the high road in demonstrating and marketing his products.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Placertogo – Our video and subsequent TNet post were done to highlight our product’s features and contrast them against our competition. This is common in advertising – Just think about car and truck ads. In our industry Metal Detector X ads say it can find targets 20% deeper than Detector Y using our new patented pulse technology or our cleanup product X has added Y features or Z technology that has raised the bar above our competition. Until recently, there has been no competition with our pan, hence no need for comparative advertising. Obviously things have changed that now require our response.

Bottom line: Our competition put out videos and printed advertising for a new product and we are responding. We set the bar for production pans nearly a decade ago – We clearly understand the requirements and technology necessary to get the job done.

The plug design is actually a very important feature of our pan. Remember this is a production pan capable of running bucket after bucket without the need for cleaning. Under normal conditions, you have the capability to run all day with only one cleanout. Also the plug is a common item that can be found anywhere - if you lose it you can purchase a replacement at any hardware or plumbing store.

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All three mentioned products are concentrators. I doubt there is much difference in gold "capture" percentage from product to product but each has some advantage over the others.

Hog Pan....probable highest volume of through put of the three but bulky and also results in the highest volume of concentrate to further process.

Flow Pan...low price, capable of relative high volume of feed, most portable but also requires numerous clean outs resulting in more concentrates than the Pyramid Pro Pan.

Pyramid Pro Pan...low price, easy/less physically demanding usage, fewest cleanups per day required/less super con to pan out but probable less through put than the above two products, bulky.

Just my own personal opinions based on videos, advertising and reports...no hands on usage. I'm a believer of all three concepts but, were I in the market, I would probably choose the Pyramid Pro Pan....I really like the back saving, butt sitting aspect for operation.:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Arizau –

Good overall assessment of the products.

Just a couple of points I’d like to emphasize:

The Pyramid Pro Pan’s stainless steel riffles allow it to process and breakdown hard pack, caliche, clay and muddy materials. The rocks are easily scrubbed clean and the gold separated from the materials. The other two products mentioned have no built in ability to handle these tough materials.

Another advantage of the Pyramid Pro over the second product mentioned is its significant capacity advantage. Its solid body construction allows it to be filled to the top of the pan. While the second product may have a slight processing speed advantage, we have the advantage of being able to process more material at once. I would bet there is little difference in time spent processing a five gallon bucket. We also have the ability to process high flow materials like sand and silt that product number 2 cannot handle.

I totally agree with your choice of the Pyramid Pro Pan based on the ability to sit while processing material – It is one of the most important features of the pan.
Spending the day standing bent over in the stream swinging your arms while holding heavy loads can easily cause back strain. Sitting down while processing material eliminates this problem.

I disagree with one of your assessments - I believe the Pyramid Pro Pan has an advantage in gold recovery. Once the gold is in the pan there is nowhere for it to go but down into the trap. Having open sides or slots in the capture chamber present easy opportunities for gold losses.

Last edited:

Smithsgold

Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites and Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pyramid Pro Pan is a Good tool for working material never used the other brands don't see the need to switch.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
PPPclass+2.jpg
comment?...click here
I commented back in 2013
Bob

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That thing looks awesome and I have nasty clays at my claim but I don't think my creek is deep enough. Looks awesome tho, and I like those aggressive riffles. Best design I've seen!

silverking

Jun 13, 2010
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I've enjoyed using a Pyramid Pan for a few years now, and just purchased and started testing one of the new FlowPans.

The FlowPan is superior to my Pyramid Pan in terms of speed and ease of use, and the notes above about saving your back as you're panning being only something the Pyramid Pan can do are seriously misplaced. There's nothing preventing the operation of the FlowPan while sitting on a rock or bucket, indeed I sit on my 5-gallon bucket while using it without any issues whatsoever.

Gold retention of both pans is equal, with the FlowPan giving one more cons to process. I use a Gold Cube to process cons in my driveway at home, so if anything, I like more cons to process rather than less cons to process. (we're talking hand panning here, so when I say "more" I'm talking about a full 5 gallon bucket rather than a half full 5 gallon bucket.).

My Pyramid Pan is now on my local Craigslist, as I've no need for two production pans.

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You asked for comments on your product and video so here are my thoughts. The Pyramid Pro Pan may be a very good piece of equipment, but...by bashing another vendors equipment to sell yours, it seems to me that you don't have the confidence to sell the Pro Pan on it's own merits. Secondly, it bothers me that the protruding bottom of the pan might take some hard hits and be damaged in the shallower waters of the creeks I prospect. I guess I just wouldn't want to take that chance.

silverking

Jun 13, 2010
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
...... Secondly, it bothers me that the protruding bottom of the pan might take some hard hits and be damaged in the shallower waters of the creeks I prospect. I guess I just wouldn't want to take that chance.

In as long as I used my Pyramid Pan, I always made sure I was aware of where the bottom of the pan was in relation to the creek bed (and it's quite far down in relation to where your hands are).

The lowest "thing" on the pan is actually the wing nut that secures the plug ... and accidentally hitting that wingnut on the creek bed a few times could easily spin it undone.
It was something I always worried about when using the pan in a shallow creek.

Although you might crack it if you hit a rock directly, I don't think you'd ever break the actual protrusion on the bottom of the pan right off, unless you were swinging the pan far harder than is actually required.

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
In as long as I used my Pyramid Pan, I always made sure I was aware of where the bottom of the pan was in relation to the creek bed (and it's quite far down in relation to where your hands are).

The lowest "thing" on the pan is actually the wing nut that secures the plug ... and accidentally hitting that wingnut on the creek bed a few times could easily spin it undone.
It was something I always worried about when using the pan in a shallow creek.

Although you might crack it if you hit a rock directly, I don't think you'd ever break the actual protrusion on the bottom of the pan right off, unless you were swinging the pan far harder than is actually required.

A Fernco 1 1/2 inch rubber end cap on the bottom of the Pyramid instead of the Oatey plug provided gives a cushion at the bottom and eliminates the possibility of splitting the nipple by tightening the Oatey plug too much. It does require a 5/16 hex or screwdriver for the worm gear clamp but once adjusted will give a firm fit removable by hand for cleanup.

Attachments

• DA31B18D-0808-46DC-AAC3-7349C64341B5.jpeg
    DA31B18D-0808-46DC-AAC3-7349C64341B5.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you don't realize you do it Kevin But, it is like totally

"what you do"

Same think with the AMP

you hit the ground running saying how your thing is better than others

You can't compare it to marketing trucks. it's Just not like that.

I know people that won't touch anything you sell because of the way you sell it.

If you want to sell more of your products you need to work on your salesmanship and your products.

I will concentrate pan and work more material just as efficiently with a super sluice pan

The hog pan, flow pan and Pyramid are pretty awkward to use when your trying to be mobile. And don't have deep enough water and a rock to sit on to save your back.

There is no end all tool you might want to stop following the narrative that you are creating something that is going to knock out the others.

That can be the only reason to critique other aspects of other pans or sluices.

Chevy doesn't knock Ford so, the consumer will buy a Chevy and a Ford.

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
Maybe you don't realize you do it Kevin But, it is like totally

"what you do"

Same think with the AMP

you hit the ground running saying how your thing is better than others

You can't compare it to marketing trucks. it's Just not like that.

I know people that won't touch anything you sell because of the way you sell it.

If you want to sell more of your products you need to work on your salesmanship and your products.

I will concentrate pan and work more material just as efficiently with a super sluice pan

The hog pan, flow pan and Pyramid are pretty awkward to use when your trying to be mobile. And don't have deep enough water and a rock to sit on to save your back.

There is no end all tool you might want to stop following the narrative that you are creating something that is going to knock out the others.

That can be the only reason to critique other aspects of other pans or sluices.

Chevy doesn't knock Ford so, the consumer will buy a Chevy and a Ford.

This was my original point. I know Dennis Katz is very protective of his inventions and he has a right to be. Today the prospecting hobby is facing assaults from many sides, “greens,” anti-mining people, Trout Unlimited, Government, and jealous people who think we are getting rich, etc. There is a big and growing market for all non-motorized prospecting equipment because of the “hands and pans” restrictions. This is not the time to be bashing each other and putting down other people’s products. Let us stay on the positive and encourage the hobby without any put downs.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can see a market for those types of tools in some places. It's good to have options whether it's gold hog or nugget bucket or whoever.
If you can't use a sluice or power equipment it's probably the fastest way to concentrate although I wouldn't want to have to get gold that way, all by hand and bucket by bucket.
In hands and pans areas it's probably much faster than not having a system similar and I can see that.

The bending over thing is unavoidable in this trade imo hehe. Better have a strong back if youre wanting gold!

I'll probably never try another gold pan because I love my super sluice and it gets it done for me but anything that can reduce cons that easily and get you to the pay is a plus in my book. It could be a great option for some locales although not for everyone.

OP
OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Johnnybravo300 and flinthunter –

When using the Pyramid Pro Pan streamside in shallow water I dig a hole where I’m going to pan to eliminate the possibility of hitting the pan on the stream bottom. It only takes a couple of minutes and I find this easier than wading out into the middle of the stream to work my material. You may have to occasionally muck out the hole but it is a simple, effective solution.

Silverking –

It sounds like you’ve adapted techniques learned while using the Pyramid Pro to use the Flowpan. The Flowpan videos and instructions only mention and demonstrate operating the pan while standing which was the basis for demonstrating our sitting technique while using the Pyramid Pro.

OP
OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GW –

You probably haven’t seen the recent Chevy truck ad where they talk about the Chevy then near the end show a picture of a Ford F150 and say “this is the Ford. Which one would you pick?” Of course the person picks the Chevy. So yes the auto industry does use comparative advertising.

In my opinion there are limitations in our competitor’s product that I have chosen to bring to the attention of the market, while highlighting how our product eliminates those issues. You are correct in saying there is no one product that does it all but I believe our product’s design allows it to be more versatile, primarily in types of difficult material it can process. Still, I understand that miners need different tools to fit their individual conditions.

We chose to sit a rock in the video as one example, but it also was done to ease video recording. As noted in the video you can also sit on a small stool or even on a five gallon bucket. Reducing back strain while mining is very important – Personally I think about that first and foremost since I have chronic back issues.

I want to clarify your statement about the awkwardness of the three pans. The Super Sluice is a great pan – I have one in my personal equipment. And yes it is a great tool for prospecting or general panning tasks. The three pans you mentioned are production pans – Their primarily function is to move large volumes of material in places where water flow doesn’t support sluicing or in areas where only panning is allowed. In my opinion, filling a super sluice (which is a heavy pan) to capacity then trying to work the material down is difficult - Trying to do that all day would be exhausting.

I can understand using a regular pan to sample material if you are prospecting but if the goal is to spend the day panning large volumes of material it makes more sense to me to use a production pan which is built to efficiently do this task.

silverking

Jun 13, 2010
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Silverking —
It sounds like you’ve adapted techniques learned while using the Pyramid Pro to use the Flowpan. The Flowpan videos and instructions only mention and demonstrate operating the pan while standing which was the basis for demonstrating our sitting technique while using the Pyramid Pro.

LOL, I don't think sitting on a rock or bucket while you're panning is any sort of "technique", or even remotely unique to the Pyramid Pan ... it's just common sense, something that panners have been doing for 150 years or more.

Unless you're kidding ... in which case I fell for it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread