NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
For the last couple of weeks my wife has been telling me that she has been hearing a wren singing close by, but could never find it. Every evening about 5:30 pm, she would go out and sit on our back porch to watch the late afternoon birds come and eat at our feeders. She came in the house one afternoon to get me and told me to bring my camera, she had found where the singing is coming from. I looked up into the end of our bamboo sun shade curtain, and because I never could get it to roll up correctly, we have provided a neat little depression in one end, just enough for this little guy to somehow cram itself into the end for evening heat and protection. The end of the roll is not quite deep enough for it to get its complete body into, all we can see when we look out the window is about one inch of its tail. These little birds are very smart and will use anything they can find to hide in at night. I have 5 birdhouses and they all get filled with other birds toward evening, to sleep in, and stay safe and warm. It was still relatively dark at 6:30 am when I took these pics..........NGE

Attachments

• wren stuffed bamboo roll 2.jpg
    wren stuffed bamboo roll 2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 271
  • wren stuffed bamboo roll.jpg
    wren stuffed bamboo roll.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 255
  • bamboo wrapped wren.jpg
    bamboo wrapped wren.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 247

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great shot Larry. Birds will house themselves anywhere.

SKD

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tucked in bed for the night...cool pics! I have 2 that sleep in the corner of the front porch up on the columns 1 at one end of the porch, the other at the other end. All I see is the tail and ruffled feathers. The 2 that stay on the back patio, each evening just about dusk they make their way to hanging flower pots.

:wink: RR

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
How cute! I like those little guys, so busy and sing pretty. It looks like a Carolina Wren, from the tail?

ng

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Whew! Thought you were offering up one of those exotic Asian dishes. Wuz gonna say, no way, huh-uh, nope, :D . The only birds I've eaten are chikkens and turkey, as far as I know... Chinese place sells this meat on a stick, I think it's chicken, I won't say what my kids call it.

I have the Wrens and the bamboo, maybe I can adjust mine and house a few.

Bird's nest soup anyone? Yeah, me neither. :D

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I wouldn't know, do they come this far north (Michigan). Plus it's kind of hard to see when it's all squashed into that position. Wish I had a trail cam to set up, to see when it comes and goes........NGE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions