~New Record 18 Indians And SEATED Silver From Site~

Digger62918

Sep 28, 2009
Carterville, IL.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70 Pro , Fisher CZ-20 , Minelab Explorer SE
This is a new personal record for me 18 Indians, Seated Dime, Barber Dime, And V Nickel from same site! They came from a site dates from the 1880's to the 1920's that was used as a picnic grove. The grove is on private property and the current owner has denied many metal detetectorist permission to hunt over the years. Knowing that he had told others no before, I knew my chances were very slim that I would be granted permission to hunt the grove. Regardless, I drove over to his house and chatted with the owner for awhile. After about 20 minutes of chit chat he gave me the OK to detect. WOW! I could hardly believe it. Two days later I returned with my detector and a fresh set of batteries. I pounded the grove all day and ended up with 8 Indian heads, a nice seated dime, and a nice barber dime. I returned to the site today and hit it again. No silver this time but found 10 Indian heads and a V Nickel. From just two hunts the site has yielded 18 Indian Pennies, some of which are in VERY nice condition. ;D This is the most indians I have ever found from one site. I plan to return next week, I am sure there are still lots of goodies out there!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,107
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,099
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,108
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,110
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 1,099
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,110
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,117
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,115
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,063
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,052
Upvote 0

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Digger62918 said:
keverett said:
That's an awesome haul! Congrats on a great day of hunting!!
Thanks Keverett, it was indeed a great day! Other than stepping on a snake while I was detecting it was one of the best days I have had in a while.

Finding any one of the Indians, Barbers, or Seated Libs would qualify as my best day EVER!! Out here on the left coast...those are some hard to find items. Aside from stepping on the snake...I am quite envious!! Good luck with your future hunts there...looks like you might have hit the motherlode.

KEverett

OP
OP
Digger62918

Digger62918

Sep 28, 2009
Carterville, IL.
Detector(s) used
wyattrr said:
Dang! Holy Smokes!! ;D :notworthy: Man oh man...Pick that place clean! :thumbsup:
Thanks, I will. I plan to go back early next week and hit it again.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow super site you found there. I'd be taking the owner something to show your gratitude!

OP
OP
Digger62918

Digger62918

Sep 28, 2009
Carterville, IL.
Detector(s) used
Goes4ever said:
wow super site you found there. I'd be taking the owner something to show your gratitude!
I showed him everything I found after detecting and asked him if he would like any of it to keep. He kindly rejected. I did however find some old photographs of the site and his property from the 1880's. I printed them on heavy photopaper and give them to him, he seem very appreciative and pretty much gave me an open invite any time I wanted to detect :icon_thumleft:

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
The seated is pretty. What good shape. I'd guess there has to be others in there as well; you figure at least another dime but maybe some quarters. Glad you had the right stuff for that owner to allow you the opportunity to dig. Did you pass off a couple Indians to him as thanks?

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice roundup on the tribe of IHs!!..... nice seated! MR TUFF

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
WOW!

1884- the cornerstone of the Statue of Liberty was laid
the first Oxford English Dictionary is published

1906- SanFransisco was destroyed by an Earthquake
scientist(Richard Oldham) claims that the Earth has a molten core

It is amazing what was going on when those coins were lost.

Thanks for posting.

-Fathead

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations, sites like that are far and few between.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread