New Record for a 3 Ender Box!!!

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Had a '47 obverse Walker ender, a '67 obverse ender and a reverse '65 ender in a box today that yielded.... 5 silvers. Broke my previous low total for a 3 ender box of 7, something I've hit twice. Had another box with a reverse '64 ender that yielded 4 total silvers meaning 4 enders = 9 silvers today. Not complaining, 9 silvers is a good day for 2 boxes.

Have had 34 silver enders in my 24 boxes since Christmas.

Also for you ratio junkies my 2,000th 40%er and my 200th '64 or '64-D both came from the 1 ender box. 10:1 has been consistent from the day I started this hobby.

Happy hunting.

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A ten-to-one ratio is GREAT, compared to how many boxes that may have come from, and it shows that there is still a lot of 90-% silver out there.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I'll have to recheck my numbers but I must have killed it last year. I ended up with a six to one ratio on halves! I attribute it to getting several full 90% rolls which has never happened in previous years. My accounting is shoddy but I do like to do some year end wrap up numbers. Here's the ball park figures for me. Keep in mind I had the most incredible year with some massive scores that really skew these numbers and they are unlike previous years.
I got 1 40% for every $111 searched and 1 90% for every $666.66 searched. I found 2 40% per hour!!!! Dang, go me! It really didn't feel that way though.
I found 1 90% every 3 hours.
This is only driving, picking up coins and dropping off coins. The actual search is nice because I search on the clock when things are slow in the office and my boss just shakes his head when on occasion he catches me doing so. The only downside is someone stole $40 in dimes out of my bag but it was a good lesson not to leave my stuff unattended even for a second.
I attribute these numbers to an army of good tellers who have mostly moved on, dumb luck and a little skill and I am going to be lucky to do half as well this year. Also my volume is puny compared to some of the heavy hitters on here and those that I meet around town so its not representative of a broader trend unfortunately. Most of the time I just feel like I am going out to jockey for position against the other hunters so they don't walk all over me. Recently I have shoe prints head to toe lol.

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
How many hours have you spent buying, selling, and searching boxes YTD? How much have you spent on gasoline for your car? I, too am a number "junkie."

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Keep in mind the 10:1 ratio is 40% Kennedy’s to 1964 Kennedy's. It does not include Franklins, Walkers, Barbers, Busts, modern 90% proofs, modern commemoratives, classic commemoratives or foreign 90%era.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread