Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at one of the most popular parks in Charlotte, N.C. today that everyone said was hunted out. I tried my usual clad spots and was finding bupkis. My son was getting antsy and I decided to try a different area in the park around some old trees that have probably been hunted a thousand times. In less than ten minutes I found a 1944 Merc and two minutes later at the same tree I found a 1950 silver Rosey! I kept looking right around the same area and found 2 wheats that are going to have to be cleaned to see the dates. I also found a little brass oval about two and a half inches long that had Ben J. Smith The Home Insurance Company 25th Anniversary 1899-1924 which I thought was pretty cool. Needless to say, I'm going back and hitting it again soon. I still have the battery eating camera, but as soon as I get a new one I'll post pictures.
By the way, all this was found with my Ace 250 set on coin

HH,
Ramapirate

Upvote 0

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Man, seems like you had fun. I hardly ever use the coin mode on my 250.

Nothing ever is hunted out.

Congrats on the silver.

DM

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Nice finds, I don't think anywhere is ever totally hunted out of the old coins. I revisted a park last month that my buddies and I thought was completely hunted to death. One silver rosie and a 1927-S wheat and some 50's nickels in an hour. I don't think she's done yet!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Cool deal. 8) Only hunted out parks are the ones you yourself clean out. And usually that takes a while.

Two silver coins from a hunted out park in one short outing is great.

Mirage

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations love those silver days. Guess that proves that places are perhaps never hunted out. Certainly gives me hope.

Postalrevnant

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what kind of depths were coins etc?

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Nice take in Ramapirate . Charlotte NC has got to be a excellent hunting ground for the oldies ! I wish could hunt there LOL .I guess I'll stay up here up here in my little NC place. ;D

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it goes to show you that a place is never a right off because it is "hunted out". Great finds and can't wait to see pics. I lived in Charlotte area for four years. Is the traffic still as bad as it was a few years ago?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread